Pic request - F30s with H&R Sport Springs, MSport or M Performance Suspension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The mperformance suspension is not bad. With the changing of a thicker anti roll bar in the rear reduces the body roll of the car. The suspension height is around 3 fingers bet tire n fender. The bottoming is non existence but the rider is much much firmer n harder.

If u guys don't want headache just upgrade to the mperformance suspension. I think so far it caters to people who wants the bmw type of driving experience. Wernes segambut has a special package for anti roll bar ,springs , absorbers, mountings etc .but labor is different price also. U can ask for Mr Ho regarding pricing. Some people says its expensive but for the stuff u getting its reasonable.

If u want I have a set of used KW V3 fully adjustable suspension for sale. PM is anyone is interested

speedrats;838206 said:
The mperformance suspension is not bad. With the changing of a thicker anti roll bar in the rear reduces the body roll of the car. The suspension height is around 3 fingers bet tire n fender. The bottoming is non existence but the rider is much much firmer n harder.

Bro, are you on M Perf susp already? For me this might be the only option. Im used to the e90s Msport setup previously, and am longing to get back that Bmw style of ride n handling which i cant get with the std, or std w/ H&R setup. Its soo boring to drive a fantastic powertrain car with poor suspension ;)

in the past, good vehicle dynamics came as standard with all BMWs. now it seems we need to fork up a handsome sum to bring our new cars to that long established benchmark.

speedrats;838210 said:
If u guys don't want headache just upgrade to the mperformance suspension. I think so far it caters to people who wants the bmw type of driving experience. Wernes segambut has a special package for anti roll bar ,springs , absorbers, mountings etc .but labor is different price also. U can ask for Mr Ho regarding pricing. Some people says its expensive but for the stuff u getting its reasonable.

How much thicker is the anti roll bar compared to stock?

speedrats;838406 said:
yes i have installed the mperformance suspension.

Installed at Wearnes? How much? I was quoted 12.5k just a mth ago by my SA complete w installation (the so called promo price).

alantiong;838542 said:
any chance they sell only the rear sway bar as that's my only wish to upgrade right now.

bro, u may confirm & compare your required parts over here:
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/owners/ac...rts-catalogue/electronic-parts-catalogue.html
and order from local bmw parts stockist. Mine is m sport version for your comparison:
i'm thinking just to order the mperformance springs to couple with the m adaptive suspension. Good luck on your search..
RearStabilizer.jpg

Yes installation done at wearnes. Same promo price. Yes if u got part no for the rear anti roll bar u can order it separate. The diameter for the rear is thicker than standard. Visually I saw it but I didn't have a measurement gauge to measure the thickness

speedrats;838836 said:
Yes installation done at wearnes. Same promo price. Yes if u got part no for the rear anti roll bar u can order it separate. The diameter for the rear is thicker than standard. Visually I saw it but I didn't have a measurement gauge to measure the thickness

How about the front anti roll bar? Did you noticed it to be thicker as well?

Front Stabilizer

Standard 24mm
M Sport 24.2mm
M Performance 24.2mm

Rear Stabilizer

Standard 12mm
M Sport 13mm
M Performance 13mm

Have no idea with regards to material used for all variants. My assumption is the M Sport and M Performance are using same specification.

speedrats;838836 said:

Im sold on M Performance. Placed my order. Takes 10 days for all parts to come in. Some from Germany (not all parts are stocked in JB).Now just waiting...:)

Nightswan;838847 said:
Front Stabilizer

Standard 24mm
M Sport 24.2mm
M Performance 24.2mm

Rear Stabilizer

Standard 12mm
M Sport 13mm
M Performance 13mm

Have no idea with regards to material used for all variants. My assumption is the M Sport and M Performance are using same specification.

I think for M Perf. The front stabilizer is 24.6mm...if I read the ETK correctly.

Guys ... I think it's better to wait for the H&R. Why? Because in the E90, the stock ARB is F26.5mm and R13mm. The H&R one for the E90 is F27mm and R20mm. There is a whole lot of understeer that was dialed out with the much thicker rear ARB.

The H&R ARB for the E90 is so sweet ... Makes the handling of the car so much better.

I doubt that the M Perf one will dial out most of the understeer as BMW will want some understeer to avoid legal issues. Think carefully.

Newer car these days are design to understeer more than oversteer. if u like the car more tail happy.. keep your stock front anti roll bar and upgrade to a much thicker rear anti roll bar. This will make it easier to enter into corner but easier for the tail to throw out.

Fred ... it would be great if you are a drifter but then you need the bias of the ARB set up too and you want to initially reduce body roll. So with the stock front and a stiffer rear, you will get a more tail happy car but you will not be cutting down the body roll for the front end. With the H&R you have different end points to attach the ARB, the points will allow different settings, not sure how much difference it will make but there is some leeway for settings.

alan ... not sure if the H&R is available yet for the F30. Prob gotta wait a bit.

Top Bottom