Pic request - F30s with H&R Sport Springs, MSport or M Performance Suspension

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bruce_Z

Club Guest
Hi all, picture request; can you post your "before" and "after" pics of your beloved F30s with the H&R Sport Springs, M Sport or M Performance Suspension (the high-end option). Im especially interested to see cars with wheel style 397 (the 18in Sport line spec)Im thinking of upgrading offcourse, and have seen a few pics on f30post.com (US cars mainly, not many on M performance too) , but just like to see how the local F30s which came with the standard "softy & bouncy" suspensions look like after changing them, before deciding.Thanks! :)

Bruce_Z;837095 said:
Hi all, picture request; can you post your "before" and "after" pics of your beloved F30s with the H&R Sport Springs, M Sport or M Performance Suspension (the high-end option).

Im especially interested to see cars with wheel style 397 (the 18in Sport line spec)

Im thinking of upgrading offcourse, and have seen a few pics on f30post.com (US cars mainly, not many on M performance too) , but just like to see how the local F30s which came with the standard "softy & bouncy" suspensions look like after changing them, before deciding.

Thanks! :)

Bro, so far no H&Rs with the 397 in the group, one will happen next week.
Overalls there's 5 cars in the TRJ on H&R. If you're looking for one do contact me.
Thanks

maroonbug;837167 said:
Bro, so far no H&Rs with the 397 in the group, one will happen next week.
Overalls there's 5 cars in the TRJ on H&R. If you're looking for one do contact me.
Thanks

Yeah seems like it since no one posted any pics. I'm keen on H&R but would love to see one with 397s on them first. The drop on those H&R are like 1.5 inches frm std? Just wonder how it looks with those rims.I think the rusty jacket guys are mostly on 20 inch 405Ms?

Bruce_Z;837193 said:
Yeah seems like it since no one posted any pics. I'm keen on H&R but would love to see one with 397s on them first. The drop on those H&R are like 1.5 inches frm std? Just wonder how it looks with those rims.I think the rusty jacket guys are mostly on 20 inch 405Ms?

I think a couple of Rusties have posted, do check out the thread. 2 320i, 1 320d on stock wheels, another on 20" and 18" bbs-chr
My car is on 19" BC forged although on eibach but pretty similar drop.
It's all on the Rusties thread :top::top:

Guys...can i get a review on the m performance suspension that you guys installed?
How is the performance on Malaysian roads? Thinking of installing either that or go straight for the KW adjustables

Tangty;837244 said:
Guys...can i get a review on the m performance suspension that you guys installed?
How is the performance on Malaysian roads? Thinking of installing either that or go straight for the KW adjustables

Dont think many have got the M perf setup yet bro...I too am very interested to know how this setup is like. Maybe its because its costly.
Seems like most are std or h&r (springs only setup)

maroonbug;837211 said:
I think a couple of Rusties have posted, do check out the thread. 2 320i, 1 320d on stock wheels, another on 20" and 18" bbs-chr
My car is on 19" BC forged although on eibach but pretty similar drop.
It's all on the Rusties thread :top::top:

Yeah had a look at the Rusties thread... Nice bunch. :) Some look like stock though. My worry is these springs will settle down after like a week or so. When they settle..they tend to drop a bit more. Not sure I like the " too slammed" look ....and this depends on your wheel size too I think. Smaller wheels don't look so good slammed.

i'm interested to improve my 328i suspension and yet not compromising much the car height as melaka has way too many road humps.
any owner can share their ground clearance?

tsh;837430 said:
i'm interested to improve my 328i suspension and yet not compromising much the car height as melaka has way too many road humps.
any owner can share their ground clearance?

Drop of no more than 1.5" ... Will clear speed bumps and no issue over car park ramps la.

tIANcI;837441 said:
Drop of no more than 1.5" ... Will clear speed bumps and no issue over car park ramps la.

No issue unless u install the M Perf splitter.

do you mean with the splitter it will cause it to be too low? i am thinking of swapping my suspension and installing the m performance kit as well but damn afraid that with the potholes and humps its impractical

Even with stock suspension, the ground clearance with the splitter is less compared to stock bumper with H&R Sport (lower by 1.2").

The 18" 397 gives a slightly higher ride compared to 20" M405, becomes noticeable once they both hav splitters.

Are they too low? Come join one of the F30 meet ups and see for yourself.. :burnout:

I decided to go with these H&R springs. The ride is lower by 1.3" as reported by the other bros here. On the 397s it looks like this:

View attachment 31274

Initial impressions is that the ride quality is as soft as with the std springs ( shocks are the same). Some reduction in low speed bounciness, but, stretch them a bit, and they will bottom out the car..yawn...So this setup ain't going to be a long term relationship or a real performance enhancer. I think I will junk this setup along with the std shocks (they will die a premature death for sure) setup in a couple of months for something stiffer/stronger. But...looks wise, they definitely looks cool as car sits lower.

For those who are familiar with the e90s Msport setup and expects the same..look elsewhere.

Agree with Bruce, for real performance enhancement the "sport" springs alone won't do. As a basic guide, handling gets better as u go down the following order:

- Lowering Springs with Stock Shocks
- Lowering Springs with Performance Non Adjustable Shocks
- Lowering Springs with Performance Adjustable Shocks
- Sleeve Type Coilovers with Performance Non Adjustable Shocks
- Sleeve Type Coilovers with Performance Adjustable Shocks
- Full Body Coilover Kit

The H&R springs only work to reduce the excessive bounciness, while preserving the comfort bias. Ride feels more planted without being firm. Which to me is just what's needed for a daily driver in Klang Valley, particularly since I'm sticking with RFTs.

I think with the right expectations it's a pretty good bang for buck mod. If you know where you're going it should not bottom out that easily, i know i dont, and the eibachs are supposedly softer than the h&r.

_M_;837762 said:
Agree with Bruce, for real performance enhancement the "sport" springs alone won't do. As a basic guide, handling gets better as u go down the following order:

- Lowering Springs with Stock Shocks
- Lowering Springs with Performance Non Adjustable Shocks
- Lowering Springs with Performance Adjustable Shocks
- Sleeve Type Coilovers with Performance Non Adjustable Shocks
- Sleeve Type Coilovers with Performance Adjustable Shocks
- Full Body Coilover Kit

The H&R springs only work to reduce the excessive bounciness, while preserving the comfort bias. Ride feels more planted without being firm. Which to me is just what's needed for a daily driver in Klang Valley, particularly since I'm sticking with RFTs.

Agreed...it's a daily driver, all nice and cushy...there aint no substitutes for a properly matched spring and shocks system..Well, there's always the M Performance susp to aim for now.

Is there any one on the KW Variants yet? was reading on some foreign forums that the drop is quite significant

The KW V3 has the clearance of 2 fingers. Its slightly low but with normal body kit its ok. But if with the mperformance diffuser it is not viable for the front bumper.

Top Bottom