Petrol Ron 97 - Price Up to RM2.00

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
PUTRAJAYA: The price of premium grade petrol RON97 will be increased to RM2 per litre from Sept 1 onwards, 20sen more per litre, when RON95 becomes available nationwide, said Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.RON95 petrol and Euro 2M grade diesel is expected to the market by Sept 1. Ismail’s predecessor, Datuk Shahrir Samad, had said in March that the prices for both upgraded fuels would be the same as the previous grades.The higher grade RON95 will replace RON92 petrol but will be sold at the same price as the lower-grade petrol.OK No need to panic.. it from Sept 2009. So better organise drive before this dateline..

What is the reason for the hike la? Global oil price still farking low what...

The only good news is Euro2 diesel will be made available in September. Hopefully that will enabled the local dealers to bring in more energy efficient vehicles into Malaysia.

Anyways all BMWs can run on RON95 fuel. When track day comes, just pump RON97 and pour in a bottle of octane booster :)

Cheers

comparison between shell V-Power and RON95 which one is better in terms of grade (lets forgo the price per L). sorry im a geek in this.

ALBundy;421061 said:
When track day comes, just pump RON97 and pour in a bottle of octane booster :)

Did you say Octane Booster ?! ewwww.....
Such a niche product, but neither Shell, Petronas, Mobil, Valvoline sell it. Doesn't that give you any hint ?!

chookleng;421074 said:
comparison between shell V-Power and RON95 which one is better in terms of grade (lets forgo the price per L). sorry im a geek in this.

V-power is rated as RON97 or higher for Malaysia market.

turbology;421181 said:
V-power is rated as RON97 or higher for Malaysia market.

If I'm not mistaken V-Power is ron97 but with added additives to give you that extra oommphhh.

Is our fuel of high quality? Apparently our Minister seems to think so. Perhaps, he should know that our fuel is only Euro1 compliant.

From The Star,

Thursday May 14, 2009

RON95 to be priced 25 sen cheaper than RON97

PUTRAJAYA: RON95 petrol will be priced at RM1.75 per litre, five sen cheaper than the RON97 available now.

When the RON95 petrol is introduced from Sept 1, RON97 petrol will cost RM2 per litre.

Domestic Trade and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob said the fact that RON97 will be at a higher price has raised concern among the public but what most did not understand was that RON95 would become the grade of petrol that everyone would use.

“For many, even luxury and high-powered cars, RON95 is good enough. Malaysian consumers are currently using petrol which is of higher quality that what consumers get in other countries,” he said.

“And the best thing is, RON95 petrol, which is almost similar in quality to RON97, is cheaper. Meaning, consumers will be paying less for good quality fuel compared to now.

“The public should not be worried about the higher price of RON97 because it will become an alternative product,” Ismail Sabri said after chairing his ministry’s post-Cabinet meeting yesterday.

Ismail Sabri said the RON97 petrol would join the league of other premium petrol products available in the market.

On another matter, the minister said that a committee to look into the price of chicken would be set up next week, which would comprise members representing breeders, wholesalers, retailers and consumers.

“The committee will determine whether there is justification to increase the price of chicken and the quantum of the increase,” he said.

Part of the brain wash process.. some more say even the RON95, govt still subsidising 3 sen/L. They should say Rakyat is subsidising becuase Rakyat money ma.. :p

ALBundy;421705 said:
“And the best thing is, RON95 petrol, which is almost similar in quality to RON97, is cheaper. Meaning, consumers will be paying less for good quality fuel compared to now.

“The public should not be worried about the higher price of RON97 because it will become an alternative product,” Ismail Sabri said after chairing his ministry’s post-Cabinet meeting yesterday.[/COLOR][/I]

And why we have dumb people serving us ?

I just checked my E90 fuel tank cover that it can use RON91 and above. :top:

The Vios is running a 10.5:1 compression engine and yet user manual says any petrol of RON91 and above is fine. So I guess our's should not have problem with RON95.

I don't remember seeing RON97 in US when I was there. Their's is even worse, I was only using a 1.5L Mitsubishi Colt back then and it can only clock 140kph max. Even a boleh land 660cc Kancil can ta-pao me who uses those dunno what RON petrol.. :eek:

astroboy;421978 said:
The Vios is running a 10.5:1 compression engine and yet user manual says any petrol of RON91 and above is fine. So I guess our's should not have problem with RON95.

I don't remember seeing RON97 in US when I was there. Their's is even worse, I was only using a 1.5L Mitsubishi Colt back then and it can only clock 140kph max. Even a boleh land 660cc Kancil can ta-pao me who uses those dunno what RON petrol.. :eek:

Modern ECU can adapt to different range of RON fuel and adjust ignition timing accordingly. That's what the knock sensor do. downside is less power.

MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!! OIL PRICE GO UP, PETROL GO UP. OIL PRICE COME DOWN?????!!!!!

What nonsense. The price of crude oil has been dropping ever since we hit RM2+++ per liter. In fact the government has acknowledged that there is no longer any subsidy at RM1.80 and that the 'actual' price should be lower but they offered some lame excuse of duties etc. for maintaining the price. Now they come up with this hair brained idea to charge even more for the same petrol which should be selling for LESS and as an alternative come up with a lower grade petrol which is cheaper to make us all feel better....

I am eternally grateful that our gomen has decided for us that we should all be thankful that they are saving us money by selling cheaper lower grade fuel when the higher grade one should be selling for LESS all along.

I must remember to vote for the gomen again in the coming election to thank them for taking so good care of us rakyat....

seech;422196 said:
MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!! OIL PRICE GO UP, PETROL GO UP. OIL PRICE COME DOWN?????!!!!!

What nonsense. The price of crude oil has been dropping ever since we hit RM2+++ per liter. In fact the government has acknowledged that there is no longer any subsidy at RM1.80 and that the 'actual' price should be lower but they offered some lame excuse of duties etc. for maintaining the price. Now they come up with this hair brained idea to charge even more for the same petrol which should be selling for LESS and as an alternative come up with a lower grade petrol which is cheaper to make us all feel better....

I am eternally grateful that our gomen has decided for us that we should all be thankful that they are saving us money by selling cheaper lower grade fuel when the higher grade one should be selling for LESS all along.

I must remember to vote for the gomen again in the coming election to thank them for taking so good care of us rakyat....

Yes, you are most welcome... :love:

Top Bottom