Petrol leaking

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Ben8282

Club Guest
dear sifus,really need your advise.yesterday when i fill up my tank really full, the fuel start leaking at below the petrol tank and the leak was bad. then after a while its stopped.is it to do with overflow? i dont think so?cant fill up the tank really full to the neck?Pls advise sifus.......ben8282

Likely the fuel pump rubber seal is gone. Get it fixed fast and avoid having any ciggy around there if you sayang your car. Go to a good mech and remove the lower back seat. You will find two fuel pumps. There should be fuel around the leaking one.

Another possibility is that the hose connecting to the fuel pump is brittle but that normally happens at any fuel level. This requires you to change the fuel pump

thanks affan.
i ll get it check immediately.
anyway how much will this fuel pump cost?

Ben, its possible your plastic housing has cracked and fuel is leaking out whenever the tank is full. Is yours E34? Your fuel pump should be in tank and accessible from the boot. Mine leaks whenever I pump full tank so now only pump 50 liter. Need to get it changed soon.

hi,

is actually happen to my car last week. I'm sending to workshop tomorrow to fix it... according from my pomen is the leaking from the hoses on top of the tank... l

dear bros,
yes mine is e34. the float is at behind the boot. already fixed the problem.its was only the rubber turning seal of the float which was very loose. got it tight,tested pouring extremely full tank, no leak at all.
done.tq

Hi Ben,

how much to cost you to fix it? and how long to tight it back? cause i might need to wait there in workshop tomorrow.

by the way, do the pomen take out the entire full tank in order to tight it back?

dear tkk,
it was only the plastic round thing to tighten the fuel float.it is just under the behind boot mat near spare tyre area.wtook me just 10 minutes.

Dear Ben,

Thanks for your information... i will ask the pomen do the same for my car later.

Top Bottom