Park Distance Control (PDC) problem...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ming1985

Club Guest
Suddenly my pdc can't function.usually when we changed to the reverse key which will heard the sound beeppppp....however, when i reverse my car to the the nearest object, the signal didn't warn me and not function at all.I guess it is the wiring problem ?any1 hv the same kind of problem yet? how much u spend on repairing the wiring problem ?

i think one of your PDC sensor faulty. not the wiring problem.

try to turn on your PDC and you can see the light blinking. then put your ear to each of the sensor and listen and see got any ( tek... tek... tek...) sound or not. if got sound then the sensor is OK. no sound then faulty lo. for your information, 1 of the sensor gone fault then entire system will not work. it will only give you sound once then the PDC button light blinking.

Cost for new sensor is about RM500/pc (i ask before but did not buy). from chop shop range from RM250 - RM 300. ( i have replace 3 for my car. :( ).

for your info, if you want to get it from chop shop, make sure you drive your car there and test it.

bro sewell,

my pdc front and rear all not working. Checked the sensors (tek, tek sound) Some kaput. Mind to share which chop shop to look for used sensors

supersub;603538 said:
bro sewell,

my pdc front and rear all not working. Checked the sensors (tek, tek sound) Some kaput. Mind to share which chop shop to look for used sensors

Go to see park and buy suan huat only RM290 per piece. RM500 per piece is rip off

I guess PDC blinking means fault.

Long beep could be one of the sensors or somewhere in the wiring faulty. Used to have this for a while but don't know when it stopped giving me the problem (touch wood!!)

Anyway I recently get PDC blinking whenever after she drives across small floods thanks to our drainage system, some say 'best' in PJ/KL. Anyway the PDC would be back to normal the next day.

cyne;684824 said:
I just changed to front M5 bumper (our dear Theva) and now the PDC is blinking with a long beep. Is it a wiring problem ? before changing, its working perfectly fine.

My rears are still not touched yet. So I believe its the front. Any advise ?

Top Bottom