paddle shifter on 320i steering wheel?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kasmankk

Official Member
Is it possible to install paddle shifter on a standard 320i Sport Line steering wheel?Pls advice. TQ

Don't think it's possible without the sports auto transmission and a new wiring harness

unless you plan to get a new auto gearbox and completely new wiring of the electronics done

Then again it's the issue of voiding your car warranty if you perform this modification at non authorised BMW service centers.

kasmankk;793560 said:
more details please.
what is the investment?

There is actual an F30 320i that comes with paddle shifter
View attachment 27442

Yup, Singapore version of 320i does come with paddle shift and 8.8" of I-drive including maps!

kasmankk;793560 said:
more details please.
what is the investment?

There is actual an F30 320i that comes with paddle shifter
View attachment 27442
looking at the gear shifter shape that looks like it comes with the sport auto transmission. but if wuk51 said he did it at obermeier then its possible

Singapore 320i comes with sports auto as special equipment and normal auto transmission as standard.

tsh;793688 said:
Yup, Singapore version of 320i does come with paddle shift and 8.8" of I-drive including maps!

nope, in SG, u can buy a basic 320i even wihout front PDC and rear sunblind.

also, u can add $$ to get the options. so its not apple vs apple in this case.

jan999;793886 said:
nope, in SG, u can buy a basic 320i even wihout front PDC and rear sunblind.

also, u can add $$ to get the options. so its not apple vs apple in this case.

Malaysia too lazy to open more dockets with MITI for options ... how nice if can own manual ... I still love manual cars ... Hehehehee ...

That's right, it's not apple to Apple. BMW removed those options bring price down to local market expectations. They at least offer as optional. They did that with the 328i. Same engine tuned for extra rm51k for extra 51bhp

I don't really use paddle shift. I get confuse don't know which paddle to press after negotiating a corner. Maybe it is just me.

lazzydogg;794665 said:
if that is the case..... then can have paddle shifter for 320d as well?

No point having a paddle shift for 320d as it's not about revving for diesel. It's the lower end torque. So, no need to rev as high as a petrol engine.

splee;794296 said:
I don't really use paddle shift. I get confuse don't know which paddle to press after negotiating a corner. Maybe it is just me.

It does help on the track ... keeps hands on the wheel but with auto in mid corner of you don't back off it will up shift in mid corner ... that is what I do not like about auto.

KengKok;794202 said:
That's right, it's not apple to Apple. BMW removed those options bring price down to local market expectations. They at least offer as optional. They did that with the 328i. Same engine tuned for extra rm51k for extra 51bhp
The 320i and 328i engine have different internals, hence the different compression ratio. Engine block may be the same but internals are different.

Top Bottom