P0178 / P0179 Fuel Composition Sensor Circuit Low / High Input Fault Code

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Petrus

Club Guest
Hi all and Happy New Year,Have any of you experienced the fault code as above before?My car usually shakes for a few secs (arnd 10-15secs) every morning during cold start. and recently, my check engine light turned on. I scanned the car and found the error code above. It says misfiring in cylinder 5 with code above. I have changed ignition coil and spark plugs not too long ago.At the same time, the scanner indicates that my 02 sensor might due for replacement soon. I looked for info on this Fuel Composition Sensor for our UDM but I can't seem to find anything detail on it. All i got was the fact that this fuel consumption sensor controls the flexi-fuel system in our car. So my questions are:-1) Is the error code associated to my O2 sensor needing to be replaced?2) Where is this "Fuel Composition SENSOR" located in our car?For now I have cleared the error code and nothing seems to be wrong. But since I am changing the O2 sensor soon, if there is this Fuel Composition Sensor, i might want to check / change it.Hope to get some feedbacks from the sifus here. Really appreciate any form of feedback.Thanx :)

Since you will be replacing the O2 sensors, may as well check & clean the MAF sensor (with MAF cleaner). Unstable timing during cold start could well be a vanos seals problem.

herbert;703420 said:
Since you will be replacing the O2 sensors, may as well check & clean the MAF sensor (with MAF cleaner). Unstable timing during cold start could well be a vanos seals problem.

Thanx for the input bro. My MAF is new since previous one got cracked (i oso dunnow how it happened). Anyway, i oso have the same suspect on vanos seals,, now eagerly waiting arrival of vanos seals kit from Group Buy by bro bmw7833. Will change the O2 sensor one go with the vanos seals.

I will update here once the cold start vibration gone :) Thanx,

Top Bottom