Overheating during idling???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 13;527607 said:
wow bro 1st time hearing that you need to press the accelerator a bit during stationery ...i believe you'll soon be facing problem by burning up your autobox as you're putting load on the car when it's stationary and the same time your brake pads are increasing in temp ....

just my 2 cento

What I mean is you press the accelerator a bit when the gear is in N and once you sense the fan operating, you can take your feet off the pedal. If this doesn't switch on the fan, then only I put the gear to D and press the accelerator with my left foot firmly on the brake.Once the fan is on, you may take your foot off the pedal. At least it works for me last time.May only be applicable on a case to case basis.

It would be much better to sort the car out as soon as possible rather than doing that. (pressing the gas while forcing the car to remain stationary) This action could cause other major problems in the long run.

Your overheating seems to be quite minor, so it shouldn't be difficult to solve. Suggest you do a check on your fan clutch as other posters have recommended. Good luck!

Top Bottom