Ouch damn IBS cable

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hakim_radzuan

Club Guest
Hi there, wanna get some opinion from local E60 owners.. Last few month got wrning message "low voltage of battery discharge" on idrive. So i thot maybe its because of battery and altenator due their age. I still can drive my car as usual but sometime it going crazy..steering cannot adjust,aircond suddenly hot,every morning when start the car aircond takes time to cold, idrive sometimes blinking so cannot tahan already then i changed that two item and hope everything goes well. But 2 days later new warning was appear,this time "high rate of battery discharge". After discuss with my mechanic and google a bit, i decided to change IBS (intelingent battery sensor) cable. But instead of new,i got used to try. My mechanic give me 1 week to try, if ok then only buy. But damn still cant solve my problem. So we try other option, change the main battery cable, not sure what its real name but the wire is red in color. Sadly no used cable in stock so i got it new. For one whole day theres no any warning appear. That nite i can sleep soooo well because i thot all problem has been solved. BUT, tomorrow morning when i start the car, the same fuck damm warning appear again. Oh ya, when scan with Autologic machine, got "Management system fault" if not mistaken. what should i do? now my mechanic try to get another IBS cable to try.

Bro, your problem quite similar with my bro's E60 530i. Thought i was a short from the headlights, battery.... etc, all those hassle, end up alternator proble. After changing it.. everything back to normal. Hope this help. Cheers!

hakim_radzuan;611749 said:
Hi there, wanna get some opinion from local E60 owners..

Last few month got wrning message "low voltage of battery discharge" on idrive. So i thot maybe its because of battery and altenator due their age. I still can drive my car as usual but sometime it going crazy..steering cannot adjust,aircond suddenly hot,every morning when start the car aircond takes time to cold, idrive sometimes blinking so cannot tahan already then i changed that two item and hope everything goes well.

But 2 days later new warning was appear,this time "high rate of battery discharge". After discuss with my mechanic and google a bit, i decided to change IBS (intelingent battery sensor) cable. But instead of new,i got used to try. My mechanic give me 1 week to try, if ok then only buy. But damn still cant solve my problem.

So we try other option, change the main battery cable, not sure what its real name but the wire is red in color. Sadly no used cable in stock so i got it new. For one whole day theres no any warning appear. That nite i can sleep soooo well because i thot all problem has been solved. BUT, tomorrow morning when i start the car, the same fuck damm warning appear again.

Oh ya, when scan with Autologic machine, got "Management system fault" if not mistaken.

what should i do? now my mechanic try to get another IBS cable to try.

High rate baattery discharge....Selepas 1 jam ,lampu kat gear selector off tak (after lock the car) ? Ada pasang accessory luar ?remove first .kalau tiada ,mungkin ada Control unit yg rosak yg menyebabkan current leak kenalah troubleshooting ...

I didn't get any alarms, but similar symptoms, i.e. my iDrive screen blinking, air cond suddenly gets hot, etc.. First, I changed my battery since that was like 7 years old already! Still same problem, so I changed IBS, then found out alternator problem as well. So end up changing just about entire battery related systems. It could just be your alternator. Why not give that a try first and see if that solves things?

alxy;613221 said:
I didn't get any alarms, but similar symptoms, i.e. my iDrive screen blinking, air cond suddenly gets hot, etc.. First, I changed my battery since that was like 7 years old already! Still same problem, so I changed IBS, then found out alternator problem as well. So end up changing just about entire battery related systems. It could just be your alternator. Why not give that a try first and see if that solves things?

he already said he changed the alternator and battery la.

still cant solve my problem yet. I just drive it like usual. hopefully the car doesnt mati tepi jalan la..

haywire;613228 said:
he already said he changed the alternator and battery la.

Whoops....didn't read properly. Then maybe IBS cable issue. Worst case, some ECU problem

alxy;616563 said:
Whoops....didn't read properly. Then maybe IBS cable issue. Worst case, some ECU problem

Changed IBS cable already bro..Now i also confuse what to change?

hakim_radzuan;617102 said:

hi bro if u want i can borrow my spare ecu@mobo to you to test it to determine the problem :D

i have restraints message pop up in my i drive screen and once a while I have the high rate battery discharge ( after few days do not drive the car). I only have this probelm after change the new battery. Till now I just live with the problem

hakim_radzuan;617102 said:

Hakim, you have changed the IBS cable only or the IBS sensor. I read the forum that mentioned the IBS is the integral of the battery negative terminal whereas the 2 IBS calbe do not have any sensor along the wire.

How much it cost?

Bro Hakim.. did u solve ur problem ? If not please visit Naidu.. he got someone who does a good diognose over this kinda of problem . He solved mine and thank god it was just the IBS sensor.

Best of luck

bro i,m new to this forum, how to solve this problem bro, even i already replace IBs cable and battery but still i receive same message..please advice

andfield;688821 said:
bro i,m new to this forum, how to solve this problem bro, even i already replace IBs cable and battery but still i receive same message..please advice

Greetings bro andfield ... with all due respect, can you pls proceed to the Newbie section and do a self intro s per forum rules before any posting is done. You will cordially be welcome into the forum and all your Q&A will be responded positively..

Cheers.

andfield;688821 said:

What is your car? Do cyou have comfort acess, bluetooth module, alarm, ICE system, etc? Normally it's either the IBS cable, battery or alternator. If not it could also be something else that is discharging the battery.

Top Bottom