Optimum Pressure for tyre

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

kat8186

Club Guest
Guys what is the optimum tyre pressure for 235/40/18? Please let me know! Thanks in advance!! :D

Hi Kat
good question..that deserves an answer.
I have been "playing" around with different pressures and while some sites recommend say 32
( for and 18 in) the tyre shops here say 35 or 36.

Even my Naza dealer said 36 while the sticker in the car says 32
I have a Porsche with 235s and 265 and websites recommend 32 and tyre shop here says 36

Hey everyone out there , why don you list your tyre pressures for all to see.

1) 525iT 235 /40/18 Firenzas crap tyres) .................31/32 psi

Well I am using yokohama advan 235/40/18. Just got it recently so I have not pumped air into it b4. But looking for the right pressure instead of playing guinea pig! :p

i oso dunno what tyre pressure to put cos just changed my rims to 15"...so mine is 195/55/15 rite now..whats the correct tyre pressure? :D

235/45/17

32 front
34 rear

not according to specs , but more towards 'feel' ...

Yoko Advan Neova AD07 rocks! :yes!:

225/45/17 going for less than 600 a piece...

I agree the grip is good when the road is dry, But its a different story when the road is wet. I also find the tyres to be a bit noisy though. :rolleyes:

hey guys/gals,

mines a 235/40/18. the tyre shop said 33. but check your bmw manual. it says 35 or something like that.

those looking out for tyre prices, i just got 4 toyo 225/40/18 for RM 520 a piece. it's the latest thread with Z rating.

was told it's a very good proce already. he was already ushering me out, asking me to try someone else if i dont believe his price is good.

any feedback?

Originally posted by 830@Jan 2 2006, 01:04 AM
those looking out for tyre prices, i just got 4 toyo 225/40/18 for RM 520 a piece. it's the latest thread with Z rating.

was told it's a very good proce already. he was already ushering me out, asking me to try someone else if i dont believe his price is good.

any feedback?
Hi 830,
If you are talking about the Toyo T1Rs, then RM520 is a very reasonable price.....Great tires...

Originally posted by kat8186@Jan 1 2006, 10:56 PM
I agree the grip is good when the road is dry, But its a different story when the road is wet. I also find the tyres to be a bit noisy though. :rolleyes:
There is no tire in the world thats
1. great in dry
2. great in wet
3. quiet

and if it fulfills one or at most two criteria above, it will definitely fail the 4th...

4. cheap! (and lasts 4ever/as long as possible)

PS2 fulfills 1 and 2, but fails at 4.

Others choose various compromises among the 4 factors.

So, up to the driver the choose the best mix among the 4 that best suits.

Neova matches PS2 in 1, and comes close in 2. Both are noisy. But Neova costs me < 600, PS2 wud cost around 1k.

In conclusion, Neova rocks! :yes!:

p/s - btw, CSC2 is quieter. Price I last checked, RM800+ a piece. For the price difference, I've put the money I saved into soundproofing the car...

Well thats true I never really thought about it!! Thanks Lee for pointing those out! :D

Im running 225/40/18 Goodyear F1 GSD3 and i have 36psi all round. A little hard for some but this is my preference for feel and also to protect my BBS wheels on our local crappy roads.

Top Bottom