Onboard Video in an E30 318i on Sepang track

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

fabianyee

Founding Member
Took some videos during last sunday's HPC. Due to some technical errors, only able to take 3 videos. Didn't manage to take those where I managed to go smoother... Anyway, rear tyres past their prime aledi, so can see some loose tail action in the videos. Morning Part 1 of 2

nice videos Fab, how do you get the track to be so clear in Video 1 morning?

i need you riding shotgun next time la bro....my lines & speed for Turn 5-6 and Turn 13-14 still not up to mark la

shaifulo;377737 said:
nice videos Fab, how do you get the track to be so clear in Video 1 morning?

i need you riding shotgun next time la bro....my lines & speed for Turn 5-6 and Turn 13-14 still not up to mark la

I went out after the Q cleared and happened to be a clear track..., there's always a gap somewhere on the track... Sometimes when the track is crowded, i'll just slow down and let them cars past.. And run again... No point crowding together with them..

Nice videos Fabian - now I could see how I was driving in Sepang. Great fun although it was a short run. During the run at the end of the day I was actually behind your car and could see that your tyres had had it for the day. Would be great to have another go.

Nice video posts. It's interesting to see how other drivers took the lines that day. =D
Now I regret not doing the same. Could have seen the mistakes I was making post-trackday. =p

Fireblade;377744 said:
Nice videos Fabian - now I could see how I was driving in Sepang. Great fun although it was a short run. During the run at the end of the day I was actually behind your car and could see that your tyres had had it for the day. Would be great to have another go.

The brakes were not up to temp on that out lap, stepped on it but wasn't slowing down fast enuf, then I pressed harder and locked up going into T4... Luckily didn't pay a visit into the gravel trap... ;)

My E30 no fight against your CTR...

shaifulo;377737 said:

Can... Or you can take a ride in mine to show you the line... Then again, I'm not the best of drivers here...

Another onboard video, taken during last Sunday's HPC track event...

The faster laps recorded came after this 2 laps butaledi ran out of memory.. damn.. The one that got away.. haha..
Based on my GPS lap timer:
3:03.0
3:01.1
3:00.6
3:00.6

Just a bit more to go below 3 min..

have not seen the vidoes yet but the identical lap times show me.....that the driver is good enough and your ride needs an upgrade ( power, handling and brakes plus of course, tyres )

Top Bottom