OEM absorber with sport/lowered spring

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

brando

Club Guest
hye..wanna get some info from u guys..is it OEM absrber (bilstein black) can fully work with sport or lowered spring..ma fwenz said that OEM absrbr only 4 OEM spring coz the height of the absrbr has been calculated wth the spring..Also where's good shop to buy OEM absrbr + what is the price..?U guys r realy appreciate..tq very much..

oem absorbers work with lowering springs ...no problem with it .... ya friend is a BMW owner ?

It is not recommended for oem absorbers + lowering spring, right? It will shorten the absorber lifespan.

They "work", but as mentioned above, their lifespan will be affected. Additionally, your ride might feel bouncy as OEM springs do not have a high enough damper rate to match the higher spring rate of lowering springs.
Unless you're using Eibach springs, cause I remember their spring rates are pretty low.

my personal experience on my previous e34.apex springs on oem BOGE dampers.yes the damper life is shortened as they needed replacement every 3-4 years as opposed to 8-10 years if on ori setup.in my 10 years of e34 ownesrship,i replaced the dampers twice.

my current e39 is on eibach springs and OEM BOGE dampers.....

just recently replaced the dampers and they were ori from '97....:eek:

I have used Eibach Pro-Kit springs with OEM absorbers on a few cars now. They do shorten the lifespan if the OEM absorbers are too soft. Whether the ride is bouncy or not depends on how well the spring rates match the stiffness of the OEM absorbers. For example Eibachs with E39 OEM abosrbers are much more bouncy compared to the E34 on the same setup.

what i understnd here..the OEM absrber can work wth lowering spring but will shorten the absorber lifespan + bouncy..is it..? mean that i will face less of absrber lifespan & less of comfortable.

mine is Eibach Pro-Kit springs.

kindly need ur assist guys..im about to buy OEM absrbr (bilstein black) coz B8 price kill me..

bro.on my e34,the oem boge dampers and apex springs works fine.not bouncy at all and the roll is very much contained compared to stock.corners taken with the accelerator pressed.

on my e39 with eibach springs and oem boge dampers,the ride is stiffer and the roll not as contained compared to the e34 BUT very much better than ori setup.

if you just change the springs eibach or hr or any good branded ones with oem dampers the ride will definitely be stiffer but NEVER harsh or bouncy or bone jarring.

i have lost the plush and the "super comfy that can put you to sleep" ride on my e39 after the spring change but I love the current set up more and I will never go back.
it's my own daily driver and not used to haul the family as I use our MPV for that.so this set up work for me.

bro........go for it....
hope that helps you some

brando;506454 said:
what i understnd here..the OEM absrber can work wth lowering spring but will shorten the absorber lifespan + bouncy..is it..? mean that i will face less of absrber lifespan & less of comfortable.

kindly need ur assist guys..im about to buy OEM absrbr (bilstein black) coz B8 price kill me..

go for the B8. I swapped the OEM absorbers on the E39 for B8's and the ride is fantastic now. ride is stiffer now but the car is more controlled during elevation changes on uneven surfaces, no more bounce.

brando;506454 said:

shorten lifespan pun takpa. janji hati ada senang...

Top Bottom