Noisy sound from inside door

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi guys. I have not fix the squeeking sound from my passenger door but i believe the door panel clips have broken because the door panel did not fit in. It has gap near the glass window. Somehow i bought door panel clips. Is there any chance we can change the door clips on our own? Is is hard?

tkm;697732 said:
Hi bro. Thanks for the advise. I have tried using the silicon spray but no avail. I guess last solution is change the door clips as suggested. Wonder how much would it be. Have any sifu's here done it before?

Try singer oil, candle and WD40 first la...try all lubricant cannot only pay the high $$ to fix it...cost saving. But if u r looking for efficiency then just pay and settle it

Anthony5785;703472 said:
Try singer oil, candle and WD40 first la...try all lubricant cannot only pay the high $$ to fix it...cost saving. But if u r looking for efficiency then just pay and settle it

Hi bro. I tried the spray wd40 it still like that but have not tried the candle or singer oil. Unfortunately i have bought the door clips already. So thought of Diy myself but not sure how, hehe..usually if bring to car workshop also they will charge labour cost very expensive i guess...

Anthony5785;703472 said:

Hi bro. I tried the spray wd40 it still like that but have not tried the candle or singer oil. Unfortunately i have bought the door clips already. So thought of Diy myself but not sure how, hehe..usually if bring to car workshop also they will charge labour cost very expensive i guess...

tkm, just a quick one. try to wind down ur window slightly and listen out for the noise. let me know if it still exist. my previous 3 series had a same problem and my mechanic pasted one kind of tape and the noise gone..

trademark;704950 said:
tkm, just a quick one. try to wind down ur window slightly and listen out for the noise. let me know if it still exist. my previous 3 series had a same problem and my mechanic pasted one kind of tape and the noise gone..

Hi bro. I tried it this morning to wind down the window. The noise was a bit lesser but there is still the noise appearing. Now trying to google on the way to diy my own the door clips but have yet found any...:(

u wind down all the windows or just driver side? try all together if u haven't done it.

I tink the conclusion after lengthy discussion is the teflon tape tat have solved many drivers squeeking sound.

Bro Tony...faster do ur experiment liau..i m craving for more power lor

I also got this sound ,, havent get it fixed yet . I check around with fellow forumers and they said around RM450-500. I believe this topics have been discussed in other thread. try to find the other thread and hopefully you questions will be answered regarding the shop and price. cheers

oh okay.. i did it previously for my 3 series.. the shop charged me RM700.. i think its very expensive coz the tape doesn't cost that much..

Beside the squeeking sound .. i also not happy with the sound that i get when closing the door. It doesnt gives a comfort sound . I rolled few layer of cello tape on the clip ( body side ) and it sound better , but not up to my mark yet. Wonder what is wrong !! is it the door alignment of the whole set of clip require change out . The rubber lining seems to be fine visually.

trademark;706000 said:
oh okay.. i did it previously for my 3 series.. the shop charged me RM700.. i think its very expensive coz the tape doesn't cost that much..

Correct bro .. the tape doesnt cost that much .. but the problem is , none of us know where they get the tape from!! or else it will just cost u around 50-100RM only or maybe lesser.. DIY and all u go.

shiva73;706026 said:
Correct bro .. the tape doesnt cost that much .. but the problem is , none of us know where they get the tape from!! or else it will just cost u around 50-100RM only or maybe lesser.. DIY and all u go.

if I'm not mistaken, they get it from SG. I will try to find out further on this. btw we got a same name LOL :rock:

The tape is a 'clear ' cello tape , which turn to be slightly thicker that normal cello tape that we get in hardware of stationary. However , its not much visible when its sticked to the car.

Let me story something ..the other day , since i was little free, wanted to do some experiment with the normal cello tape that i have . Infact its 3m tape also , but thinner. I saw how it was applied on one of our forummer's car. I applied exactly the same and the result = no sound . Bad side= it just lasted for a daya nd the sound returned. So there moral of the story is = the tape got to be thicker so that it could withstand the friction of the velvet strip and car body ..

Same name .. ? cheers bro . Where are you now ?

shiva73;706124 said:
The tape is a 'clear ' cello tape , which turn to be slightly thicker that normal cello tape that we get in hardware of stationary. However , its not much visible when its sticked to the car.

Let me story something ..the other day , since i was little free, wanted to do some experiment with the normal cello tape that i have . Infact its 3m tape also , but thinner. I saw how it was applied on one of our forummer's car. I applied exactly the same and the result = no sound . Bad side= it just lasted for a daya nd the sound returned. So there moral of the story is = the tape got to be thicker so that it could withstand the friction of the velvet strip and car body ..

Same name .. ? cheers bro . Where are you now ?

oh. thats an useful information. i will try to get tape and we can do it together..

yeah I'm at Osaka now. Will be back tonight :)

Osaka? buy back the LCI rear light for E60 bro .. kekeke..

Back to KL? PM me ur h/p number. Will contact once i m back onshore.cheers

shiva73;706134 said:
Osaka? buy back the LCI rear light for E60 bro .. kekeke..

Back to KL? PM me ur h/p number. Will contact once i m back onshore.cheers

this is my first OSAKA trip. didn't had enough time to hunt for car parts. next trip, i will get it done for sure :)

PM sent..

Top Bottom