Noisy sound from inside door

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tkm

Club Guest
Hi bro,Apologised for open up a new thread for my post. I tried to search for this part of problem i faced. I owned a 520i year 2004 E60. So far enjoying my ride after few months of ownership. The only minor things that make me wondering, have any of the member here face any squeeking sound from the door while we turn our car and also while going through bumper? It is quite annoying hearing it as normally a conti car shouldnt have these sounds right? Are there any chance to get rid of the sound by DIY our own? Really appreciate great help from all the bro's here.:rolleyes:

It could be due to the tint film. I complained to AB during one of my service and they sprayed some lubricant to solve the problem. Since then, never encounter the problem *touch wood*...

Guys, I think it's the door seal rubber. The door of you car close very tight. It the friction of rubber and body causes that.

So, you may
1. Check door alignment
2. Check the door seal rubber condition(too old?)
3. Apply teflon tape on the body to reduce friction

Last, easy, cheap option which I usually do on my E46, every 3mths, apply some leather conditioner on the door seal rubber. The sound will disappear for months, at least. I make it a habit to do so everytime after I apply leather conditioner on my leather seats, just simply wipe that rubber with the cloth, that's enough.

Thanks guys...i will try the solutions given. Btw, bro DJH the gasket that you have mentioned means the door clips? May i know where i can purchase it? My friends sit inside the car, they have a good laughed because of this squeeking noisy sound. I am very sure it is from the front passenger door side as it is very obvious. They said even proton inspira doesnt sound like this.. LOL..:p hope can solve it...by the solutions given..:)

Woo..okok. So nice you got it for free. Hehe. Will try ask around. Thanks again.

Dr Sham;696937 said:
Just buy the silicon spray and spray it at the door seal..

Hi bro. Thanks for the advise. I have tried using the silicon spray but no avail. I guess last solution is change the door clips as suggested. Wonder how much would it be. Have any sifu's here done it before?

E60 and E39 share this common issue. I paid rm600 to get it done all 4 doors done up with 3M teflon tape. Squeekless ride from KL to SG on Monday.

seewai;697764 said:
E60 and E39 share this common issue. I paid rm600 to get it done all 4 doors done up with 3M teflon tape. Squeekless ride from KL to SG on Monday.

see wai,

could you share more regarding the teflon tape. i pic would be best

bro sewell,

It's a type of clear tape. I don't think a picture would be able to tell the difference before and after. It's basically a roll of "cello tape", teflon coated. I believe many bros here also applied in their rides, discussed in some other thread(s).

seewai;697764 said:

Hi bro seewai. Sounds good to me on the solution. Any chance i can know the place of doing this?

tkm;697962 said:
Hi bro seewai. Sounds good to me on the solution. Any chance i can know the place of doing this?

Basically you could do this in many car accessories shops including AB, with a price that varies from few hundreds to couple of thousands, depending on your luck.

Pls check your PM for details bro.

cheers.
seewai

Aiya, no need so troublesome le.... Buy a rubber grease apply on the 4 door rubber. 1 tube around 20++ apply every 4 month... Cost saving

By the way, I am driving a 520i too, if u wish to know how to increase ur hp and torque, pm me then...

I also have the squeezing sound from my driver seat side, I just changed the rubber seal cost me rm230, surprisingly the sound gone....

Aiyaaa bro tony...now u help people to upgrade power also huh.i also want ka.wats the trick bro..

Patut ka..itu porsche semua u makan satu kali

Anthony5785;698142 said:
By the way, I am driving a 520i too, if u wish to know how to increase ur hp and torque, pm me then...

Anthony,

Please pm me how to increase hp & torque.

shiva73;702717 said:
Aiyaaa bro tony...now u help people to upgrade power also huh.i also want ka.wats the trick bro..

Patut ka..itu porsche semua u makan satu kali

Just help la...the car is our toy mah..once I fin my exPeriment, bring it for dyno test for before and after, the highest amount value of hp and torque which I can achieve only consider success

Top Bottom