No Fate with M3 spoiler! :(

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

NCH

Club Guest
So I bought some painted M3 spoiler on ebay. The vendor promised a 100% copy of the M3 type but I realized it was just BS when I received it in the mail. I made a complaint with him and got most of my money back.And after searching everywhere for the spoiler here, I finally found the exact copy at Redzone yesterday. The salesperson was friendly and the price was reasonable so I went ahead to order it! when i took my car there today for installation, i noticed that the colour wasn't a perfect match. my car is an alpine white but the spoiler looked a little bit yellowish. they said the colors will match after weeks of driving when both are exposed under the sun. i wasn't quite satisfied with the paint job so i'd like them to repaint it. too bad they couldn't assure me that the color will be spot on next time. Eventually I got my deposit back but I left deeply disappointed.1. Where else can I find the spoiler? It has to be 100% identical to the real one. Buying genuine part isn't an option coz I don't really wanna folk out RM 1k for something so minor.2. If I buy the spoiler from Redzone, can somebody recommend a panel shop who can do a good paint job?I like Redzone but unfortunately the first deal didn't go so well ..

the real M3 spoiler only rm 1k ar? so cheap?

just wrap the spoiler in carbon or spray it in black lor

sharp;526961 said:
the real M3 spoiler only rm 1k ar? so cheap?

just wrap the spoiler in carbon or spray it in black lor

u think RM 1k is cheap? It goes for only US$ 189.95 from the states. But the shipping they quoted was a joke, US$167.50.

I'm happy with the replica Redzone is selling. Just need to find a reputable shop for paint job.

then u have to find other shipping solutions then
yes seriously i think its cheap, u check with bro gila, how much his performance 2 spoiler cost, but its in carbon fibre, and to my opinion, it looks much better than the M3 one

btw, try google M3 ZCP competition package, the spoiler on tat car is really dem nice... so far, the best i have seen

sharp;526968 said:
yes seriously i think its cheap, u check with bro gila, how much his performance 2 spoiler cost, but its in carbon fibre, and to my opinion, it looks much better than the M3 one

btw, try google M3 ZCP competition package, the spoiler on tat car is really dem nice... so far, the best i have seen

Or I can simply buy then send to a friend in the U.S., then get him to forward here using a much cheaper service like USPS. $167.50 was for UPS. But like I said the quality of the Redzone one is ok. At least the shape does look like original. Give it a good paint job and no one can tell if it's genuine or replica.

I have seen a many types of spoiler, including the performance one. Still prefer the M3 type cos it adds a little bit of sportiness yet looks very subtle.

what mods do you have to you car?

for a simple spoiler like M3, i guess for sure it will look original
if its only paint issue, then just get a reputable painter then

some simple mods only, mostly cosmetic enhancement

If you are heading down south to the Singa island, you can take it to my regular Bimmer workshop. Not 100% guaranteed perfeect match, but 99%... =)

Spaceman;527011 said:
If you are heading down south to the Singa island, you can take it to my regular Bimmer workshop. Not 100% guaranteed perfeect match, but 99%... =)

I'm in Klang Valley man. A bit troublesome lah to go through so much just to paint the replica spoiler

maybe I'll try the a bodyshop used by BMW dealers.

I have a used original M3 spoiler...it is still on my car but will be taking it off. PM me if you are interested....you can get it painted with a good colour match at Obermaier

But mine is a E92 so if your car is an E90, it will not fit

meinauto;527134 said:
I have a used original M3 spoiler...it is still on my car but will be taking it off. PM me if you are interested....you can get it painted with a good colour match at Obermaier

But mine is a E92 so if your car is an E90, it will not fit

ohh, the M3 spoiler fits both E92 and E90 ... why are you taking it off?

NCH;527140 said:
ohh, the M3 spoiler fits both E92 and E90 ... why are you taking it off?

if that's the case, let me know if you are interested. Putting something else on

meinauto;527384 said:
if that's the case, let me know if you are interested. Putting something else on

how much? and what's your location?

bro sharp & NCH,

You mean this BMW Performance Spoiler II? Original carbon fibre one piece design, very very lightweight. This cost a cool RM2*** plus but of cos genuine fr BMW Performance. One important rule for car modding - Play within your budget!

But im not trying to "pour water on yr fire", but i think yr M3 spoiler at less than RM1k is definately not ori, especially coming fr RedZone. Just so that u know in case u'd realise it later & felt u got cheated.

Happy modding & post some nice pics after installation.

cheers.

sharp;526968 said:

Just went to Stuttgart today to look at some spoilers. They got Performance Type II in stock .. super lightweight and and perfect fit on my LCI. Pricing is a bit steep though at RM 2,170. Anyway I don't really like CF stuff and the Type II will look out of place on my alpine white. I think I'll just go with the M3 type and have it in my car's colour.

Gilajazz, I know the RM 400 spoiler at Redzone is replica ler ... impossible to get genuine one at such price :)

sigh... type II goes best with alpine white.... bro jazz show him the performance brochure

sharp;528738 said:
sigh... type II goes best with alpine white.... bro jazz show him the performance brochure

Yes It can look good if i have other CF parts here and there but I don't! Not a big fan of CF actually :)

NCH;526967 said:
u think RM 1k is cheap? It goes for only US$ 189.95 from the states. But the shipping they quoted was a joke, US$167.50.

I'm happy with the replica Redzone is selling. Just need to find a reputable shop for paint job.

Bro......I did get mine from Redzone at that same price......replica spoiler for M3........It is true that the Oris are still prefered, as per Gilajaz but again said, what you pay is what you get, spend wisely within your budget. The paint job was done by them, I just gave the paint code. They will use 3M double sided tape, and thats all. So far, NO issues......

Top Bottom