NGV on Bimmer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Lionel_Koh

Club Guest
I think some of u guys some infors of NGV convertion during the KL international car show.....jsen....thanks for ur infor...... :D The latest tecnology claimed they will be no power lost if converted our car to NGV.........Some claimed just 5% loss in accerelation......However ....the money that u'll save is huge...........RM8 can go for 155KM for town drive....around RM0.05/km compared with patrol which will cost around RM0.20-RM0.25/km..........So any members here can provide more detail regarding the NGV ?I found a useful link about the convertion ..........Pls refer the link belowNGV convertion..........

there is a thread in regards to this where i did put my opinion on it. anyways, my friend is in GasEmas Malaysia and doing conversions for private vehicles. what do you want to know? I know some and if i do not know i'll ask him.

Gasemas is using conversion kits from Lavato in italy. Minimal performance loss and it's a direct bolt on kit. i did enq, for an e30 the kit would cost somewhat in region of 4K including installation. e34 should be the same

here is the link
Link for ngv

Originally posted by DingChavez@Jun 11 2006, 01:05 PM
there is a thread in regards to this where i did put my opinion on it. anyways, my friend is in GasEmas Malaysia and doing conversions for private vehicles. what do you want to know? I know some and if i do not know i'll ask him.

Gasemas is using conversion kits from Lavato in italy. Minimal performance loss and it's a direct bolt on kit. i did enq, for an e30 the kit would cost somewhat in region of 4K including installation. e34 should be the same

here is the link
Link for ngv
How about E36 325 cost? TQ

I have some info here too...was looking into this last time but plan was cancelled..

http://www.nicecarcare.com/index.htm

NGV installation kit for Range Rover 4.6HSE (estimates):

1) NGV kit RM4500-RM4900 (normal kit)
2) NGV kit RM6600 (comes with NGV gas injector) - recommended

Those prices is for the kit + 1 cylinder (55litres, can store around
13litres of NGV of petrol equivalent) (all in)

3) If need extra cylinder: 55litres (RM1600) or 70litres (RM1800).

Weight for 55litres cylinder is around 60KG. Cylinder is Type 1, which is stanless steel. Lighter cylinder is more expensive. 70litres cylinder can store around 17litres NGV of petrol equivalent.

4) Maintenance: for kit with NGV gas injector, advised to change NGV gas filter (something like fuel filter) every 20K kms.

5) Maintenance: NGV regulator can last around 3-5 years..depends...if no problem can continue using it. If got problem can service (overhaul) with repair kit, cost is around RM300-RM400.

Check the website to have the idea how big the smallest tank (55) is....it's huge... :)

Originally posted by azfaz@Jun 12 2006, 12:34 PM

Those prices is for the kit + 1 cylinder (55litres, can store around
13litres of NGV of petrol equivalent) (all in)

3) If need extra cylinder: 55litres (RM1600) or 70litres (RM1800).

Weight for 55litres cylinder is around 60KG. Cylinder is Type 1, which is stanless steel. Lighter cylinder is more expensive. 70litres cylinder can store around 17litres NGV of petrol equivalent.

4) Maintenance: for kit with NGV gas injector, advised to change NGV gas filter (something like fuel filter) every 20K kms.

5) Maintenance: NGV regulator can last around 3-5 years..depends...if no problem can continue using it. If got problem can service (overhaul) with repair kit, cost is around RM300-RM400.

Check the website to have the idea how big the smallest tank (55) is....it's huge... :)
I think the gas station limit the pressure at the filling point, so the 55liter can only fill up to RM8, 8/0.68=11.7L or around 13L or so... maybe for safety reason.

If you have 7 series size boot, then, you can fit in another cylinder/tank.

Good luck...

wah lioneil.. u went to KLIMS ar... so informative wan.... :) thks man.

thks guys for the input.... if it doesnt lose any power n equivalent for petrol.. i think its a very nice subs..

just look at the money u will save on petrol.. nex issue petrol naik also tak kisah alredy..

cheers..

Originally posted by jsen@Jun 12 2006, 05:35 PM
wah lioneil.. u went to KLIMS ar... so informative wan.... :) thks man.

thks guys for the input.... if it doesnt lose any power n equivalent for petrol.. i think its a very nice subs..

just look at the money u will save on petrol.. nex issue petrol naik also tak kisah alredy..

cheers..
YAH....AFTER CHAT WIT U ...JUST DO SOME SEACH....... :)

NO DOUBT........BIG SAVING...CANT IMAGING RM8 FOR 150-180KM FOR TOWN DRIVE.......

Yes, is a great saving. But do remember, when you cant get NGV gas, your FC will be higher then before. so make sure there is NGV station near your house. And also you need to line up like the Taxi for an hour to refuel. Or else you can go refuel in the midle of night.

Another disadvsantage is no more sub in the boot.

Anvantage is $$$$ saving.

Good Thread... Can anyone update us if you are running your UDM or other car on NGV.. Thanks

Hi masCH,

You may find tons of information here
www.ngvcommunity.com

Some say the new BMW engine cant support NGV converstion as it is made of soft and light alloy.

So M43, M50, N42 and all those that made of cast iron should not be a problem

Top Bottom