Newbie Looking at E46

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

maui303q

Club Guest
Hi Sifus,:77::77::77:I'm a newbie in this forum currently looking at this E46 year 02 with less than 30k on the clock. This car apparently belongs to a friend's friend currently at the car yard now. Would need some advise on what I need to take care before fully commit to purchase the car.So far I observed the following;1. service counter is at 22,500k kms2. Mileage clock states 24,245k kms3. Tires are 95% thread and the one in front is year 08 and rear is 10.4. No tint so the interior is a bit dull.5. Engine looks like out form the showroom

I was told by the owner that the car practically sits at home almost all the time. His daily car is a double-cab and during weekends he drives the Livina or his Alphard. Only when he requires some excitement he will take his E46 out.

Also on the service book the last service is ard 9k @ 2008. That's the end of the service record from AB. One owner car.

Btw, can someone introduce me a mechanic who can help me check the car before i proceed further with the documents?

why not just run a full diagnostic just to have a feel of things?
at least that way, the mileage and other status' can be verified.

wow....a 9yrs old car with only 24,245 km !!! That's like a an average of 2600km only per year worr..... but then again... low mileage car doesn't mean car has less problems .. do give it a thorough check bro... :) and all the best with your purchase :)

maui303q;630099 said:
I was told by the owner that the car practically sits at home almost all the time. His daily car is a double-cab and during weekends he drives the Livina or his Alphard. Only when he requires some excitement he will take his E46 out.

Also on the service book the last service is ard 9k @ 2008. That's the end of the service record from AB. One owner car.

Btw, can someone introduce me a mechanic who can help me check the car before i proceed further with the documents?

Since the last service is with AB then i strongly recommend you take the car to AB for verification and inspection. It would cost around RM300 plus for the inspection and diagnostic. Alternatively you can take it Ingress Auto (another bmw dealership) for verification and inspection.

Top Bottom