E46 @ Naza

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I would be interested if they were about RM150k. A 20k premium for being new, but offset by component degrade over 5 years, especially the electronics. But doubtful that they will dip so low. They've already lost a bundle on interest cost over 5 year, so they won't want to lose on capital cost too.

That's the difference between them and smaller importers. They have the financial capacity to hold old stock, hoping that they can entice someone to buy. The smaller guys would have to firesale them to finance new stock. You can get huge discounts from some for their non-movers.

starting today, NAZA have a promotion.. take a look at www.onceinadecade.com not much info though.. might drop by at naza Juru coming weekend just to satisfy my curiousty. who knows got cheap-cheap BMW there.. :)

Guys,
A very informative discussion indeed.. i know that the car at NAZA tend to be older year car (like the one mention as 2002 yr car) but it is still a brand new. There is definitely someone who is willing to buy a 2002 brand new e46, as compared to a brand new 2005 e46,as the former is definitely cheaper, but still is a brand new unit.

In fact not only NAZA do that, even a brand new Merc Benz (registered say 2003) at an authorize MB dealer is also cheaper by RM30-40,000 if you dont mind the year of manufacturing..

naza are well known for not dropping prices for their CBU cars if they can help it.. they will try their best to hang on to their prices for as long as possible. they still have 2003 integra type-r's for sale brand new. RM200-220k or something like that.. not selling at all.

There's a 2002 UK spec 330i with sports package at Naza PJ which I had been drooling over for quite some time. It was priced at 360k and the sales guy will only go down to 355k. He did say I should make an offer and he'll check with the boss. So I made an offer of 270k which I thought was a reasonable price for an '02 330i with those specs.

Sales guy said that they can't go that low. Mainly because they only pay the tax upon the sale of the car and since the tax increase, they're buggered. He also mentioned the fact that the car is "brand new" and I said that 4 yrs old (this was last year) ain't brand new, regardless of whether it's been driven or not. As another poster mentioned earlier in this thread, the moment you drive out of the showroom, the price would drop through the floor. I also said to the guy, what good asking for a big price if there's no way in hell you're gonna move the thing.

In the end, I didn't buy the car because I couldn't justify paying such a premium, regardless of the newness and the packaging. For all I know, the car's still in the showroom.

Hmm ... I think I'll go over there again and make another offer. 250k this time.

They must come down at some time. Their tax liability (if true) is their problem. Realistically they probably can expect a premium of RM20-30k over a similar year used car. The prices they are asking will only keep the cars in the showroom.

Well it has been an interesting thought.

It's a combination of losses - higher exchange rate when they purchased them, cost of funds for 5 years, maybe tax increase (I thought it went down instead?). Basically they just don't want to lose capital cost and they have the financial not to need to do it.

I'm sure they will come down at some time or even give them away to suitable 'enthusiast', but not to Joe Public like us la... ;) They're big time man!

Did anyone go to the promotion in Naza PJ today? I'm outstation, but my friend says 3 series going for 40k+ discount. He's not interested in BMW so couldn't give me much details. :)

Top Bottom