Newbie Introduction/ Eibach question: Please HELP!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

3sheetsunda

Club Guest
Hi. I'm new to the forum. Actually, I don't live in Malaysia but in Seoul, Korea. I do hope that's not a problem.Here's the query:I have an '07 e90 320i with minor modifications. I ordered the Koni FSD/ Eibach pro-kit package from the US (bloody vendor assured me it was the same for all 3-series, aaargh!). So I received the kit and installed it on my car. I later found out that the pro-kit springs on my car are for the 325/328/330. Of course, I now know that the 320i has different spring rates compared to the 325/328/330. I have the distinct feeling that my car is not as low as it should be. So I'm thinking about changing the springs to the Pro-kit springs made for the 320i. My question is, will this lower my car more?I have attached pics of my car for reference. I have 18" Neez wheels (et40) with 15mm spacers on the rear.Thanks in advance for your help.

sorry i cant help much but the members here sure can...anyway, welcome to bmwcm.

cheers, nice ride there...

^ ^ ^
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement.

BTW, just checked, and at the front there's a three finger gap between tire and fender. In the rear there's a 2 finger gap.

Cheers!

Yes I would recommend you swapping out to the right Eibach springs for your ride which should make the car look better. Ride height is off, spring rate is off and the weight balance is also off based on Eibach specs. On the bright side, you probably have more rear weight distribution on your car now heh.

Thanks again for the welcomes and comments.
GHS, thanks for the links to your car. Your car definitely looks lower than mine, even accounting for the fact that you're on 19's.
E46 Fanatic, I agree with your assesment. Hmmm, it just sucks that I have to pay for a modification TWICE!
Ahh well, I guess I'll bite the bullet and get this done next month.
Cheers all!

Update: I bought the correct Pro-kit springs for the 320i. Will have them installed in the next couple of weeks and post new pics. Thanks all!

Top Bottom