H&R Sport Springs vs Eibach Pro Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Lefthanded;557941 said:
After dropping do you guys have ever experienced getting suspension error warnings and/or codes? Particularly the "steering angle sensor". Will an alignment correct these types or errors? What should I look for while installing and after? Any advice is helpful.

Dear Lefthanded, so far so good no such warnings appear.:top:

Just wondering, what are the market prices for the KW V1, V2 and V3?

Why should one opt for the V2 if the car won't be tracked? Advantages?

Any clunk,rattle or squeeks with KW's coilovers? Used to hate the noises that came with my Tein SuperStreet that was on my Subaru.

supergripen;570542 said:
Any clunk,rattle or squeeks with KW's coilovers? Used to hate the noises that came with my Tein SuperStreet that was on my Subaru.

to be honest depends on luck, some complains from e90post on Kw's particularly e small squeeky "mice" sound on a few sets. some diagnosed it to be a particular spring part no. used as part of e coilover.
i guess i'm lucky, the only sound i hear is gas compression sound occasionally

e60FANster;570789 said:
to be honest depends on luck, some complains from e90post on Kw's particularly e small squeeky "mice" sound on a few sets. some diagnosed it to be a particular spring part no. used as part of e coilover.
i guess i'm lucky, the only sound i hear is gas compression sound occasionally

Ok thanx.. did u add additional rubber pads to mount points of the coilover or did u just install it as is? Asking cuz I'm planning to get the KW V2 as well.

supergripen;557598 said:
I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kits on my e46 a few years ago.Loved it.The drop was perfect,ride was in fact better than stock and the handling improvements was just simply great.There was still a slight hint of bodyroll but what I get in return is that when I take a corner on a road that wasn't perfect smooth,it absorbed everything whilst giving me a great cornering stance.U'll have more confidence in taking corners faster and there is not worry of being thrown off the road by a mid-corner bump.

Suspensions don't need to be granite stiff to be good..its how the whole thing works that's important.Wanna control bodyroll? Get thicker anti-roll bars.

hi supergripen,

i currently have a car handling problem.. where as you take corners where the road's are bumpy, you feel that the rebound effect can be a bit loose.. that is not a bodyroll issue right? its more of a spring/suspension thing right? so am i better off with a spring change or coilover kit change?

sorry for a stupid Q but if its a coilover kit or pro-kit, its basically a spring + suspension package is it?

am still on my 18" & run-flats so ride is a bit harsh/bumpy but still acceptable.. but do worry of losing it as i throw d car around a corner..

thx in advance for any tips..

saprozeldo;579943 said:
hi supergripen,

i currently have a car handling problem.. where as you take corners where the road's are bumpy, you feel that the rebound effect can be a bit loose.. that is not a bodyroll issue right? its more of a spring/suspension thing right? so am i better off with a spring change or coilover kit change?

sorry for a stupid Q but if its a coilover kit or pro-kit, its basically a spring + suspension package is it?

am still on my 18" & run-flats so ride is a bit harsh/bumpy but still acceptable.. but do worry of losing it as i throw d car around a corner..

thx in advance for any tips..

There are three ways of doing it..

One is to just change to sports springs like Eibach Pro-Kit/Sportline or HRs.These will lower ur car,lower the CG hence giving u better handling,braking stance and in some cases better controlled ride.The spring rates are normally a smidge higher(stiffer) than stock.Its the cheapest way to improve ur car's looks and handling and it certainly works for road use.

The second route is to get a suspension kit that combines sportier springs with matching dampers.I had these on my supercharged e60(Bilstein B12).They are fantastic.Again,better handling,ride control and overall stance.Only downside is that they are non-adjustable which is great if u don't want to trouble ur self with trying to find the perfect setting which can be very time consuming and fiddly.Not so great if u are the type that likes to fiddle.
The B12 that I had was great on the road and also at the track.No trouble,just install and drive.

The third is called the fully adjustable suspension kit,or some call it adjustable coilovers.Plenty of choices here..
This is the most costly option but u get what u pay for.The ride height,damping etc are all adjustable,according to ur needs.From my experience,these are always normally stiffer than the two earlier options and are more fiddly,where u'd need countless visits to the shops to get the correct settings.Great if u want different settings for road use,track visits etc.

The choice is urs..

Add to all these the anti-roll bar,camber kits,castor kits,bushing upgrades etc..

Top Bottom