Newbie in the house.(e46,318i 1.9/2.0 or 325 ?? )

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ratrek0

Club Guest
Hi everybody!I'm totally new to this community.I've never really had a crush for Beemer, notuntil my colleagues drives them around and keep poisoning me with their babies...Well, now that I've a tight budget for Beemer babies..I'm kinda comtemplating between a 2nd civic 07/08or of cuz, E46 318i 1.9/2.0/(01/02/03) or 325 ( 00/01).:stupid:As far as I'm concern , I've alwiz liked continental cars like BEEMER and AUDI.BEEMER is most likely to be a more achievable car for now.I've been going to mechanics and enquire bout 318i 1.9/2.0.The question lies in the problem arises from 2.0 as it has a newer version of engine in 318i, therefore problem occurs more comparing to 1.9.Is it TRUE ??I don't really bother about power, I'm much more interested in owning and driving the ultimate machine rather than 'gasak' it on the highway.I don't drive fast, prefer to drive leisurely and enjoy the scenery with the machinima...:top:Can some SIFUS, braders, and enthusiast enlighten me ???Reallly confused now...How bout parts of e46 318i ? wiil it cost me a bomb for maintenance ?How much is a normal service ?Please advise GURUS...

take the 320i 2.2L
AGREE WITH MR ISAAC

WHEN DRIVING AND CHOOSE BMW, U NEED TO FEEL THE BMW FEELING.

BUT WHEN YOU ASK ABOUT RM...

FIRSTLY...
YOU MUST KNOW WHAT BMW MEAN

Banyak Makan Wang
Bring More Worry

nevermind, dont listen to my bla bla bla.

fruden en fahren...

Hmph....
Many thanks to all the GURUS out there.
320i ? 2.2 L ??
how bout 318i ?
What are the downfall for this model ?

been on the lookout for it for some time.
What do u think ?

325 ?
Good ? maintenance fair ?

I am driving a 1.9 , *yup, the cheapo one* but i love the feeling of driving it.

less maintenance, easy leisure driving, and just about nice oil consumption.

Wanna gasak, i use my second car as this car is more for leisure driving.

SuthanM;435234 said:
I am driving a 1.9 , *yup, the cheapo one* but i love the feeling of driving it.

cat pun pakai 1.9 dah cukup sedap, kalau fikir pasal speed angkat aje 325.. :p

realli huh ?
am still looking around though, watdo u think if i got it from the
used car dealers ?
do u think it's a safe ?
or better wait and scout around from direct sellers ?

You must get at least a 320i. Why? 2.2L of 6 cylinder inline. It's THE engine BMW is famous for. Power may not be up there like the 323's or 328's but you will taste the real buttery smoothness and masculine growl when you step on the accelerator. A 318 is fine with its 4-potter but boy will you be missing something...

ratrek, please go test drive the most recent 6-pot e46 in the best possible condition that your wallet will allow. only the inline-sixes will wholly manifest the BMW driving experience. oh, have a mechanic conduct full diagnostic too.

maintenance? i find wear n tear items affordable, not very different from a proton perdana. my 7 year old e46 has yet to give me major problems; unlike friends who own 4-pot valvetronics, repair bills have been quite substantial for them.

welcome to the club bro..........

and there's nothng like driving a six-potter beamer!

ratrek0, welcome to the club..
for 318i 1.9, 4-potter - FC is ok, Shah-Alam to Dungun (Tganu) +- 430km is about half tank full (RM60 i guess), cruising at 100-110kmph at Karak hiway, 120-130kmph at LPT hiway and 90-100kmph at federal road after kuantan... (average 110kmph all the way)

bro, 2nd hand civic 07/08 is no match to bmw esp e46.

btw, fyi: *
Bimmer - proper accepted slang for BMW cars. Most people don't know this.
Beamer/Beemer - proper accepted slang for BMW motorcycles.
Bummer - When you get a speeding ticket.
Bitter - Another German car. Very rare; hand built.
(*extract from other forum)

Hi guys,

Sorry to thread owner. I'm also a newbie and looking forward to buy the E46.
Just wanna know, what about 325i facelift model, does it have a problems like 318i 2.0 facelift model?
Any differents between 325i prefacelift and facelift ( the engines to be more specific)?

Thanks.

SuthanM;435234 said:

ok bro..saya baru ambik e46 tapi 1.9 jer.sebab nak ambik yg besar.member2 kata maitenence tinggi,,tu pong tak tau ngan 1.9..so kawan2 taolong bantu yer,,mcmana ngan kos e46 1.9 yer.harap teman2 membantu

1.9 dan 2.0 spare part harga tak banyak beza boleh dikatakan semuanya sama.... sebab banyak guna part yg sama

Top Bottom