Newbie Dilemma - to buy or not to buy the e60

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Jz74

Club Guest
Hi, i am new here and am thoroughly enjoying the site. I currently drive a Lexus RX350 & am contemplating to trade the car in for an 2008 e60 525 msport. I also understand that the new 5 series is expected to be launched in Msia sometime 3rd qtr next year??. What do you think guys?. Appreciate your feedback. Tq

if you intend to purchase new, i would wait for the replacement model. go to a distributor and write a cheque for 20k now ;)

If you can afford it, get it. Its a good car but the 530i is much better. However, what ever model you buy, make sure a thorough check is done on the engine and have the car serviced only at AB or BMW outlet. Since its a 2008 model, make sure that you maximise the warranty (if its still available). Its a nice car to drive but it can also be too costly to maintained if not managed properly. Enjoy the drive.

mizhan;457272 said:
if you intend to purchase new, i would wait for the replacement model. go to a distributor and write a cheque for 20k now ;)

got to wait for 9-12 months...:(

dzuljazz2001;457275 said:
If you can afford it, get it. Its a good car but the 530i is much better. However, what ever model you buy, make sure a thorough check is done on the engine and have the car serviced only at AB or BMW outlet. Since its a 2008 model, make sure that you maximise the warranty (if its still available). Its a nice car to drive but it can also be too costly to maintained if not managed properly. Enjoy the drive.

thanks. i read about your own personal battle with AB...best of luck!.

Jz74;457288 said:
got to wait for 9-12 months...:(

it depends on what you value more.. a BMW immediately or a BMW that won't be obsolete in < 12 months. i can't answer on your behalf; just too many considerations. if you can get a very good deal on an E60 today, why not..

Mizhan, i was offered rm320k for an 08 auto bavaria car, regd in 09. fair price?

W211 E280 AMG version with all the AMG wheels and sport seat is about RM350k - Demo car or pre-reg car I'm not sure but my uncle told me. He got a demo almost-new W211 E200K recently for RM290k.

AMG version e280...that's a good deal. i found out that the new E-class will be launched in Nov this year, e200 around rm350k, e250 around rm400k.

Jz74;458211 said:
AMG version e280...that's a good deal. i found out that the new E-class will be launched in Nov this year, e200 around rm350k, e250 around rm400k.

You are quite right.The current E class(W211) is gonna be 'the earlier model' in a couple of months from now as opposed to the E60 which would still be the current model for at least a good 1 year.I had been a Merc guy for awhile and I must say reliability and comfort is good.You ought to surf the net and see if you find the new E class appeals to you aesthetically.In my opinion,I find it looking a little too Japanese.I think the current C class even looks classier but then again I could have a whole different opinion when I finally get to see it in the flesh(or metal).

Then we have the E60 which in my opinion is a great design from day one.I don't think the new E200 would be able to match say the 525 in terms of performance either.One thing I know is that the E class is gonna be a breeze to maintain compared to the E60.

It's a tough decision especially when it involves a big pile of money like this so I hope this helps.Do keep us posted on your eventual decision.Best of luck man:wink:

Jz74;457532 said:
Mizhan, i was offered rm320k for an 08 auto bavaria car, regd in 09. fair price?

if i can afford a car in that price range, i'd either wait for the replacement 5 series (for comfort) or a previously owned E92 335i (to play!). latter might cost a little more, but i'd take the plunge.

as you can see, i'm a petrol head. at end of the day, what matters more to you..?

Top Bottom