New reg. number do-able?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

simonso

Club Guest
Hey anybody know how much does it cost to get a new car registration number plate? Getting a Selangor number plate with BMW sounds rather pleasing :love:

Aha looks like i wasn't the only one waiting eh?

Maybe can book first leh :p

haha of course not, we're all rubbing our hands together with glee just thinking about it >=)

hmmm i dunno if thats possible, would be really cool if we could...you should repost this to a more relevant section bro, then the sifus may be able to help you out

cheers

wish i can have [BMW 5], or [BMW 525] ..., or [BMW 5251] ..., hhmmmm..dun know how much will it cost??

BMW 116,118,120,130
BMW 318,320,323,325,328,330,335
BMW 520,523,525,530,545
...anymore?

Simonso,

I have just went through the process of getting a new number plate. Unfortunately it is not as easy as you think it is, not the process, but getting the number you desire.

If you visit jpj.gov.my, you will see the latest car registration number. All special numbers are only available for tender e.g. WTF 1, WTF 818, WTF 9999. Only the highest bidder will obtain the number plate. You should always place a booking for tender at least a month ahead before the release of the new series.

Getting a nice number plate under Selangor is so much easier than Wilayah. However mind you that Wilayah plate always have a higher resell value if you can obtain numbers like WTF 1 or WTF 888.

Just the other day, I saw someone tendered RM1000+ for WTF 1337 (WTF LEET)

It cost RM210 to get a running number meaning the current running series e.g. 1 - 2000 while rm 310 will be for non-running number e.g. 8000 - 9999.

If you really want a number but can't get hold of it, try getting it through runners. Be prepared to get chopped. A number I saw tendered at JPJ for the license plate WTE1919 was at RM900, runners are selling the same number for 2.5k - 3.5k.

Just to share you my experience, I was waiting for WTF series to come out as I was the earliest walk-in customer in JPJ in Maju Junction Mall. They told me that the new running series for WTF will only be out latest by noon. So I came back in the noon after lunch only to find out that the WTF series was released at 10:00am and the latest running number was at WTF 560, meaning I can only choose any number after WTF 560. I spent one hour sitting there trying all sorts of nice numbers including 818, 118, 881, 8088, 8111, 810, 1118, 789 and to no avail I was unable to get my desired number. At the end I had to settle for WTF 891, till now also I don't know if I had made a good choice or not. Total damage was only RM210 (RM200 for license plate + RM10 administration fee)

At least now I know I have saved RM2.5k from buying number from a runner, saved from getting chopped kao kao. I'll probably use the money for high quality tinting.

Sorry if my post was too long and I hope I have helped you.

Here are several links you might want to check;
http://www.wheelersgate.com/motoring.aspx
http://portal.jpj.gov.my/v5/index.php/en/vehicle-registration-number-application-guide

It's crazy how much these numbers costs these days man.I just got this sms today

BBP 1.......RM 88,000(are you nuts??)

WTB 2.....RM 43,888

PFU 3......RM 32,000

MAT 6......RM 29,888

WTB 7.....RM 35,000

Can you imagine what you're gonna pay for say...BMW 1?

yup...once you have too much money...and you have nothing else to show for it...then go for car plates... :p

l_3fe7139ee1164224b9be95a80a1e356d.jpg

HuHuHu:rolleyes:

mizhan;470837 said:
indulgence of the filthy rich...

Ah yes bruder....Indulgence.....sweet indulgence....I might probably go that far too if I get to being filthy rich.....you see,rich alone is not enough.....hehehe

vish;470991 said:
the owner of that skyline is nothing less than a champion

You know him dude?So far we know he/she is rich enough to buy a R35 and that plate.Has he won any races?

haha i wish i did, i meant champion at life :top:

btw there have been rumors going around that next year the gov might consider allowing the sale of vanity plates, have any of you guys heard anything about this? :eek: GUNA 1 would be quite cool eh? :top:

vish;470998 said:
haha i wish i did, i meant champion at life :top:

btw there have been rumors going around that next year the gov might consider allowing the sale of vanity plates, have any of you guys heard anything about this? :eek: GUNA 1 would be quite cool eh? :top:

Ah in that sense,ok.Gotta agree with you.You know la,soem of them could turn out to be a freak in more sense than one....vanity plates huh? I'm not so much into it la dude and besides it's surely looks like an open invitation to the LHDN boys.Not just yet la,maybe when I get to be as rich as our cabinet ministers.:rolleyes:

Guna;471000 said:
Ah in that sense,ok.Gotta agree with you.You know la,soem of them could turn out to be a freak in more sense than one....vanity plates huh? I'm not so much into it la dude and besides it's surely looks like an open invitation to the LHDN boys.Not just yet la,maybe when I get to be as rich as our cabinet ministers.:rolleyes:

LHDN boys?apa tu bro?

haha its funny you should say that, guess who stands to gain the most from the sale of vanity plates...

vish;471004 said:
LHDN boys?apa tu bro?

haha its funny you should say that, guess who stands to gain the most from the sale of vanity plates...

You got PM:listen: and no prize for making the right guess to your question

Dear Neko,

Thanks for your informative post. Is it possible to change your number, then? I was under the impression that the new number comes only with new vehicles, and that you can then switch your old number to the 'new' vehicle
NekoRacing;470776 said:
Simonso,

I have just went through the process of getting a new number plate. Unfortunately it is not as easy as you think it is, not the process, but getting the number you desire.

If you visit jpj.gov.my, you will see the latest car registration number. All special numbers are only available for tender e.g. WTF 1, WTF 818, WTF 9999. Only the highest bidder will obtain the number plate. You should always place a booking for tender at least a month ahead before the release of the new series.

Getting a nice number plate under Selangor is so much easier than Wilayah. However mind you that Wilayah plate always have a higher resell value if you can obtain numbers like WTF 1 or WTF 888.

Just the other day, I saw someone tendered RM1000+ for WTF 1337 (WTF LEET)

It cost RM210 to get a running number meaning the current running series e.g. 1 - 2000 while rm 310 will be for non-running number e.g. 8000 - 9999.

If you really want a number but can't get hold of it, try getting it through runners. Be prepared to get chopped. A number I saw tendered at JPJ for the license plate WTE1919 was at RM900, runners are selling the same number for 2.5k - 3.5k.

Just to share you my experience, I was waiting for WTF series to come out as I was the earliest walk-in customer in JPJ in Maju Junction Mall. They told me that the new running series for WTF will only be out latest by noon. So I came back in the noon after lunch only to find out that the WTF series was released at 10:00am and the latest running number was at WTF 560, meaning I can only choose any number after WTF 560. I spent one hour sitting there trying all sorts of nice numbers including 818, 118, 881, 8088, 8111, 810, 1118, 789 and to no avail I was unable to get my desired number. At the end I had to settle for WTF 891, till now also I don't know if I had made a good choice or not. Total damage was only RM210 (RM200 for license plate + RM10 administration fee)

At least now I know I have saved RM2.5k from buying number from a runner, saved from getting chopped kao kao. I'll probably use the money for high quality tinting.

Sorry if my post was too long and I hope I have helped you.

Here are several links you might want to check;
http://www.wheelersgate.com/motoring.aspx
http://portal.jpj.gov.my/v5/index.php/en/vehicle-registration-number-application-guide

Top Bottom