New Lease of Life

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rpmnut

Club Guest
Thought I'd share my excitement with you guys on this forum.....After debating with myself for weeks and weeks last month, I finally took the dive and sent my UDM in for a complete body restoration.Iron out some dents here & there, replace bits and pieces that have discoloured/worn out and to put a new coat of paint on the ol' gal....here's some pics of the job so far:View attachment 17704View attachment 17706View attachment 17705The guys at the paintshop tell me I should have the car back in a week. Can't wait! :D

Thanks guys...will post pics when the ol' gal is ready to roll once again ;)

bmw7833 - got your PM. Just replied! ;)

rpmnut;586244 said:
Thanks guys...will post pics when the ol' gal is ready to roll once again ;)

bmw7833 - got your PM. Just replied! ;)

Sure sure.

We are same, hahhahh..

Still keep eying.

alantiong;586307 said:
dont we all spend too much time here.. LOL

Since we have the common interest, why not...hehe..am actually excited to read comments from sifus here...

I've been driving about in my Proton Gen2 for the past 2 weeks. To say I'm missing the Beemer is putting it mildly! LOL
As much as I love the Gen2 as a runabout, it's just not.the.same....:D

The guys at shop tell me she should be ready this weekend or Monday at the latest. Just waiting for a few new parts here & there ;)

View attachment 17736

She's BACK! So shiny it hurts the eyes! :D

Total damage (paint job, windscreen replacement & replacement of many small plastic trim bits & pieces here and there) = RM8k.

Wallet is bleeding, but heart is loving it! :D

The things we do for our UDM's....;)

have you replaced any rubber components, i.e the door seals, windscreen rubber etc. ?

Anakin - this was done at Weng Seng at Chan Sow Lin.

Deep - A lot was replaced actually:

- Windscreen & windscreen rubber
- Front grille (cracked at the mounting points)
- underbody rubber protection strips (these run along the jacking points - mine had split and was falling apart)
- plastic trim in the boot (cracked)
- headlight adjuster feet (cracked)
- trim piece just below the headlamps (clip had broken)
- number plate holders (changed it to AB holders cos I didn't like the one the previous owner had put on it)
- one PDC sensor on front bumper (wasn't working)

Didn't replace the door seals as they were in good condition still. Besides, this was a exterior-only paint job, so the guys didn't touch anything inside the car.

Appreciate the info bro, the underbody rubber protection strips are a must change for mine, i hate to see it everytime the car is up on the hoist. Can share how much does it cost?

deep3102;587557 said:
Appreciate the info bro, the underbody rubber protection strips are a must change for mine, i hate to see it everytime the car is up on the hoist. Can share how much does it cost?

interested in knowing this as well.

Top Bottom