New Car Mileage

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Passion

Club Guest
Hi all, wonder what is normal mileage for a new delivered car? The time when we take our car in dealer outlet. Under 100? or Under 500? or Perfect 0, haha:wink: Thanks.

hey there,

from my past 3 car purchases ( plus few more cars purchased by my big family) i noticed it averages at +- 13km on odo.

add 2 to 3 km if delivered to ur home.

dont know if these are real industry standard, just my personal observation..

mine was 17km

i randomly check those showroom display and saw a few 7 km some 10km

0 mileage on a new car? Reading must have been tempered with. Dont think they carried the car on their back off the assembly line to storage, onto the transporter, offload at the dealer and rolled into the delivery area.

Thru experience, should be less than 20 km.

The few kilometres are just normal and not too much of a concern. Anyway, that's a good knowledge. I believe new cars (premium) nowadays have their engines run-in to allow the mechanical parts to loosen up a bit for smoother operation when delivered to customers. Of course, those engine run-in are done in the manufacturing plant and not by the dealer.

gendong;778340 said:
0 mileage on a new car? Reading must have been tempered with. Dont think they carried the car on their back off the assembly line to storage, onto the transporter, offload at the dealer and rolled into the delivery area.

Thru experience, should be less than 20 km.
not to forget, the car must run on 'threadmill' for some test in the final part of the assembly line before it is declared fit to be driven :)

mine was 8KM..that was among the first question i asked the salesperson b4 collect my car..he said its coz the PDI they need to run the car for few KM..

Mine read at 10km. Guess ts quite standard to b around 15km. Salesperson also mention abt the PDI though. :eek:

Top Bottom