New 320i: Maintenance Advise Needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

toiletroll

Club Guest
hi guys... I got my car not too long and I know nuts about BMW... would very appreciate all the sifu here to give advise.I was told by my SA that it is recommended to service the car every 10k at least instead of waiting for the 20k free service provided by BMW.So my concern is that if I am going to service my car every 10k, do I have to bring back to BMW to do it? What if I bring my car to a 3rd party workshop, will it void the warranty? many thanks sifus!!

toiletroll (cool nick) - unfortunately, going to a 3rd party voids the warranty. But you should run down your BSRI first before even worrying about it. The recommendation is 15k for the service, by the way, not 20k. Your OBC should be keeping the countdown.

HI Maniac.... thanks for your clarification... mind to explain a little about few things?

What is BSRI? I thought BMW provide 60k services with 20k interval? and What is OBC? hehe

toiletroll;576723 said:
HI Maniac.... thanks for your clarification... mind to explain a little about few things?

What is BSRI? I thought BMW provide 60k services with 20k interval? and What is OBC? hehe

BSRI = BMW Service Repair Inclusive
OBC = On-Board Computer

:)

toiletroll;576685 said:
..I was told by my SA that it is recommended to service the car every 10k at least instead of waiting for the 20k free service provided by BMW...

YES!

toiletroll;576685 said:
.. So my concern is that if I am going to service my car every 10k, do I have to bring back to BMW to do it?..

Not necessary.

toiletroll;576685 said:
..What if I bring my car to a 3rd party workshop, will it void the warranty? ..

YES!

:D

BSRI is BMW Service Repair Inclusive. The term "Repair" here only applicable to very limited items, namely, engine oil, engine oil filter, brake pad, brake rotor, wiper blades, cabin filter, brake fluid. PERIOD! All other things not covered. BSRI oil change is now set to 20k km. 3 years or 60k km whichever comes first.

Anyway, I think nowadays during the BSRI, the SC set at 15000km and below 5000km balance on OBC, you can make appointment to send in for BSRI.

Silver Bullet: Thanks for the info... you guys are like a walking dictionary.... :rock:

astroboy: che.... since it is going to void the warranty ... i guess better don take the risk.... i will just send my car back to BMW until the warranty is over... ops... that will take 3 years wor...

etquah: i am comfortable to service my car every 10k at least.. last time when i was driving my civic, i will service my car every 5k hehe..... i am kiasi ...:cool:

toiletroll;576972 said:
astroboy: che.... since it is going to void the warranty ... i guess better don take the risk.... i will just send my car back to BMW until the warranty is over... ops... that will take 3 years wor...

3 years or 60k km, whichever comes first. :cool:

toiletroll;576972 said:
Silver Bullet: Thanks for the info... you guys are like a walking dictionary.... :rock:

etquah: i am comfortable to service my car every 10k at least.. last time when i was driving my civic, i will service my car every 5k hehe..... i am kiasi ...:cool:

BMW no need to service that frequent ma. Anyway as long as you are happy & comfortable with it. Warranty for the car is only 2 years.

toiletroll;576685 said:
hi guys... I got my car not too long and I know nuts about BMW... would very appreciate all the sifu here to give advise.

I was told by my SA that it is recommended to service the car every 10k at least instead of waiting for the 20k free service provided by BMW.

So my concern is that if I am going to service my car every 10k, do I have to bring back to BMW to do it? What if I bring my car to a 3rd party workshop, will it void the warranty?

many thanks sifus!!

Hi TS,

Just to share with you. Regardless of what the SA says, I myself commit to service my car as frequent as possible. I own a 323i, it may not be an M-sport, it is still a 6 potter performance car.

I've sent my car to BMW authorized dealers for service up till now, specifically Quill automobiles.

In order to preserve the engine, you should be changing your oil every 10km. So in between the free service, I also send my car to BMW authorized dealers to change the oil.

The reason I do this is because I want to avoid oil sludge forming inside the engine. If you know you are going to own the car for a very long time.

If you don't maintain your engine oil service oil sludge starts to form and in the long run you will probably have to do an engine overhaul. So it's better to maintain since the tear and wear is high if your BM is your primary ride.

Never service your new BMW with a 3rd party workshop, it will void your warranty. What happens if the workshop accidentally short circuits the car's system while doing some tests? It's going to cost over RM30k just to fix it up.

Just to share with you, I was charged approx RM510 to do oil change and the normal car services.

Top Bottom