Need Your Advice Here!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

callme_dilla

Club Guest
Hi guys,I need your advice here. today i brought my car to a workshop for a normal service (change engine oil,filter etc.). Since it was my 1st time there, and the mechanic being such a gentleman he did some checking on my car condition and he found some ( err a lot actually- me being in *denial mode:cool:) leakages at the engine areas and parts (which i'm not sure what they are called but near to the water tank). He told me that i need to fix those problems soonest possible and i requested for a quote (i was trying to be cautious since this was my first time there :rock:) Below are items that he quoted and i need your advice on it whether i should go for it or not :(you may find it difficult to guess actual parts name below as his handwriting is too mmm pretty.. :smokin:)1. Valve cover gasket- 1 set RM2352. Vale cover seal Flange- 1 pc RM483. Servonotor naked – 1 pc RM354. Plug Tube – 4 pc RM 1925. Timing Chain Tersioner – 1 pc RM926. Valve Seal- 16 pc RM4007. Solonner Original – RM228. Air Pump – 1 set RM509. Oil sxxxx Gasket – 1 pc RM11510. Oil Filter cracked – 1pc RM3811. Oil Cooler Cxxxx – 1pc RM3512. Top Hose – RM24513. Engine Mounting – 2pc RM32014. Gear Mxxxting – 2pc RM9615. Powersteering Oil – 1pc RM13616. Steering Bellow – 2pc RM152Workmanship : RM620TOTAL : RM2586Thanks guys!

I would suggest get him to sort the list out by priority. Which workshop is this? ZF Auto?

Or do this in parts by grouping related items together to reduce labor.

aidilj;675473 said:
I would suggest get him to sort the list out by priority. Which workshop is this? ZF Auto?

Or do this in parts by grouping related items together to reduce labor.

aidill,thanks for responding. yesss, it's ZF Auto. Sean told me that those parts have to be replaced at one time.:(.he said those leakages are major. Do you think i shud do all this in one go as suggested?

Really appreciate your feedback on this!

Thankssss.

dilla, I suggest you seek 2nd workshop opinion because the proposed bill has long list of items and totaled up to be pretty hefty, and that's the first time you go to that workshop, if I'm the mechanic, I too might most lightly try my luck to see if I can get lucky.

Since your list is so long and involving different section of the engines and we have not seen the condition of your car and your maintenance history, we can't comment.

Perhaps joining our Friday meet up would help. From there, we can advice u better after visual inspection on your car and get to know your service history.. Ops, not you. Your car! :p Go to our member meet up section to see which one is convenient to u, no harm getting to know more friends, especially those you can call when u have a flat tyre, or car cannot start.. :4:

Ekk! Just notice your profile..north Malaysia.. Aidilj is near you.. Cabutz... :4:

astroboy;675985 said:
dilla, I suggest you seek 2nd workshop opinion because the proposed bill has long list of items and totaled up to be pretty hefty, and that's the first time you go to that workshop, if I'm the mechanic, I too might most lightly try my luck to see if I can get lucky.

Since your list is so long and involving different section of the engines and we have not seen the condition of your car and your maintenance history, we can't comment.

Perhaps joining our Friday meet up would help. From there, we can advice u better after visual inspection on your car and get to know your service history.. Ops, not you. Your car! :p Go to our member meet up section to see which one is convenient to u, no harm getting to know more friends, especially those you can call when u have a flat tyre, or car cannot start.. :4:

astroboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

u r so true! i never thought of doing that.geeezzz.i shud be more careful nowadays. m i that easy to be conned meh?hahahaha. great advice there, maybe i shud join ur meet up then,:hello: i'll let u guys visually and physically inspect oso.*ahemm i mean my car of cos. being in a hard-core-volvo-fan family is tough.:fight:.

astroboy;675985 said:

Clearly Sean is no saint.. :cool:

It's quite apparent that you don't have to do everything at one go. Like the mountings are not related to leaking, while it might make sense to do it up at the same time.. I suggest you spread the repair over a few visits, critical ones first.

aidilj;675991 said:
Clearly Sean is no saint.. :cool:

It's quite apparent that you don't have to do everything at one go. Like the mountings are not related to leaking, while it might make sense to do it up at the same time.. I suggest you spread the repair over a few visits, critical ones first.

Thanks for the advice,aidilj!!:8:.but he said it will costs more if i split the repair.is he trying to bully me? :68:.u know what aidil,i even mentioned ur name when i reached his freaking isolated workshop.geeezz. he even said 'kalau kereta perempuan,kita kasik jaga baik punya'.:banghead:

callme_dilla;675989 said:
hahahaha what's that supposed to mean?

We in Klang Valley ma. U r 400km away.. How to help you? Pass the baby to aidilj la. :4:

astroboy;675995 said:
We in Klang Valley ma. U r 400km away.. How to help you? Pass the baby to aidilj la. :4:

hahaha.true oso. the mechanic that i went to see,is the one recommended by him lor. but he himself yet to see my baby hehehe. astroboy, im just wondering this club got facebook page tak?:105: (deviated from the thread topic abit hehe)

Hmm haven't see the car also. Anyway, I was at ZF for service just now and he explained about your car. Let me send u a PM.

suggest you get the 2nd quote for comparison...by there u can decide where to go already...

Top Bottom