Need to Upgrade My M-Sport 525i Japan Spec 2006 Model Software

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I heard that after u do your radio conversion, and later u update the ccc software, the frequency range will go back to the factory setting, is this true? Bro vick, can u confirm this?

Hi Bro,

Yes this is true. It will revert back to factory setting but I will redo the conversion back FOC if you ever reprogram your CCC. :)

So you need not worry about it.

Cheers.

storm7576;714300 said:
I heard that after u do your radio conversion, and later u update the ccc software, the frequency range will go back to the factory setting, is this true? Bro vick, can u confirm this?

princevick;714304 said:
Hi Bro,

Yes this is true. It will revert back to factory setting but I will redo the conversion back FOC if you ever reprogram your CCC. :)

So you need not worry about it.

Cheers.

Or can I update first my CCC and then do fm conversion, is it ok? My biggest worry is my bluetooth function, so far it works fine. I heard that this function is very sensitive to any modification made. One more thing, after CCC update, will I loose my voice command function? Do I need to buy this function back (i mean the code) from BMW?

Hi Storm,

You can most certainly update your CCC first and then chose to do the FM conversion. This is not an issue.

Well, for the TCU/MULF unit (which provides the Bluetooth function), I really can't guarantee if they will be 100% functional when you update. The dealership has informed me that there were cases when the TCU or the CCC had failed after an update (when it is a Japan spec). Though the percentage might be small but there have been cases. This is almost non-existent with UK or local spec. Hence their warning (also mentioned by other workshops who have updated software in Japan spec).

As for the voice command function, theoretically, the activation code (voice command) will be exported out and after reprogramming they can reload it for you should the activation code be required (most times the activation codes for voice command will not be affected during reprogramming). However, the best person to answer this would be dealership. In practice they should NOT charge you for the activation code should you require it as this is a factory fitted option and it was paid for previously. They are NOT generating a new code but providing you with the previous activation code which is tied to your VIN.

storm7576;714328 said:
Or can I update first my CCC and then do fm conversion, is it ok? My biggest worry is my bluetooth function, so far it works fine. I heard that this function is very sensitive to any modification made. One more thing, after CCC update, will I loose my voice command function? Do I need to buy this function back (i mean the code) from BMW?

Top Bottom