Need some advise on E46 318i 2.0

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

taggnas

Club Guest
Guys, I am considering buying the BMW 318i (E46) 2.0 (Year 2004). I viewed the car recently. The car is in very good condition. It comes with the AC Schnitzer body kit, 18 inch AC Schnitzer rims and a beautiful coat of paint. I like the car very much but I need you guys to help me with some of my queries which have been lingering at the back of my head. 1. How is the fuel comsumption? 2. How expensive is the regular servicing? 3. How expensive are the spare parts and it availability? 4. In your opinion, is the 2.0 2004 model worth considering? I truly hope that you guys could help me out. Really appreciate it. Cheers.

taggnas;237644 said:
Guys,

I am considering buying the BMW 318i (E46) 2.0 (Year 2004). I viewed the
car recently. The car is in very good condition. It comes with the AC
Schnitzer body kit, 18 inch AC Schnitzer rims and a beautiful coat of
paint. I like the car very much but I need you guys to help me with some
of my queries which have been lingering at the back of my head.

1. How is the fuel comsumption?
2. How expensive is the regular servicing?
3. How expensive are the spare parts and it availability?
4. In your opinion, is the 2.0 2004 model worth considering?

I truly hope that you guys could help me out. Really appreciate it.

Cheers.

bro taggnas, can i know some info's as follow;-

what colour is the car?
what is the mileage?
how much it selling?
where is the location?
any contact no?

thanks

I m driving the same model, onli it is year 2003. My advice = go ahead! It is a very good car, low fuel consumption especially travel on highway, no idea bout cost of spare parts. Bout service, the car will let u know when you need service and in my case only one or at most twice a year (i do travel KL-Ipoh- Penang often), each service cost bout 1k to 1.5k.

Bro Allianz-BMW,

what colour is the car?
Black

what is the mileage?

how much it selling?
RM 130k

where is the location?
Ipoh

any contact no?
Can't remember the blokes name :wink:

calvinchai;237882 said:
I m driving the same model, onli it is year 2003. My advice = go ahead! It is a very good car, low fuel consumption especially travel on highway, no idea bout cost of spare parts. Bout service, the car will let u know when you need service and in my case only one or at most twice a year (i do travel KL-Ipoh- Penang often), each service cost bout 1k to 1.5k.

Calvin,

Thanks for the info. Wow! 1 - 1.5k per service is pretty steep! But if one who loves his car can surely make sacrifices elsewhere.

Anyone one else who can help on my queries? Really appreciate the help!

Cheers.

taggnas;238001 said:
Calvin,

Thanks for the info. Wow! 1 - 1.5k per service is pretty steep! But if one who loves his car can surely make sacrifices elsewhere.

Anyone one else who can help on my queries? Really appreciate the help!

Cheers.

looks like your cup is half empty bro. if you're already thinking it's expensive, you probably can't afford it, if you can afford it, your mind probably can't. sorry for being blunt.
however, service costs aren't that bad and is very subjective. condition of the car, how hard you push it and your plain luck are just some of the factors involved.
have it throughly checked out before you decide. for 130k, it's worth your time to do it.

taggnas;237999 said:
Bro Allianz-BMW,

what colour is the car?
Black

what is the mileage?

how much it selling?
RM 130k

where is the location?
Ipoh

any contact no?
Can't remember the blokes name :wink:

bro tag, for a 2004 car with the mileage of 70k, i believe the owner really make use of that car......somemore i believe the owner might push the car to the limit (i.e fast driving) therefore his 18" rims on wheel.

one good thing is, the price is GOOOD!!! KL selling around 140k plus.

somehow rather you need to prepare some extra service which will grant you a buck of money to do.

this is just my piece of advice, solely my own opinion.......no offence to other brother here.

taggnas, i'm looking around as well. i kinda have your dilemma as well. Anyway, the mileage is very important. the price that you mention is quite reasonable, so far, based on my research. if you decided not to take the it, you can PM me the details. hehe.

if u guys are interested in a coupe E46 2.0 , 2004 - NEW CBU - unregistered, PM me. I m not a car dealer or an agent. Won this car in a competition.

Dodgy;238048 said:
taggnas, i'm looking around as well. i kinda have your dilemma as well. Anyway, the mileage is very important. the price that you mention is quite reasonable, so far, based on my research. if you decided not to take the it, you can PM me the details. hehe.

Guys I pass this used car dealer every day in Ipoh near to the big junction out from Pasir Putih to town, he has a few black E46 for sale. Hope tis help if u r shopping for 1. :top:

Thanks Guru for the sound advice. No offence taken and I think you were being frank.

535i;238063 said:
if u guys are interested in a coupe E46 2.0 , 2004 - NEW CBU - unregistered, PM me. I m not a car dealer or an agent. Won this car in a competition.

brother 535, you mean coupe e46 that u have it's CI type? Not interested if it's CI, thanks.

Allianz-BMW;238411 said:
brother 535, you mean coupe e46 that u have it's CI type? Not interested if it's CI, thanks.

Yes , 318 Ci ..

I drive a '04 model. This is my 3rd e46. I have never paid even 1k for regular service. My highest was around RM750. My car is serviced by Auto Bavaria, Glenmarie.

Hi INNOVATOR, i'm wondering why is it your 3rd e46 ? Is it because u upgraded from 318 to 330 ? U mention not even 1k for regular service, but are u referring to major service as well ? How about major service ?

How much is your average maintenance per year on the e46 ? Since it's your 3rd e46...i think your info. will be a very good gauge for the maintenance. Thanks.

I also use E-46 2003 and service in AB either. Same as innovator, the schedule services only cost us around RM750 including oil changes. RM2k is for major service which only apply every 40kkm mileage. If you want cheaper than this...better use Proton !!

Top Bottom