Need Opinion and Suggestion on HIDs usage

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

azam318

Club Guest
Need the opinion and suggestion from our UDM Sifus and forumers on the HIDs usagefor the fogs and headlights ...:wink:1) What type of the CCFL allowed to be used 4300k,6500k,7500k or ???2) Is it easy to do the DIY for the HID installation3) Any problems encounter after installed the HID, interms of - short of battery life span? - frequent change the bulb?4) How much the cost spend for both fog and headlight?5) Anyone experienced get caught and ticket given due to HID installed? :listen:Open for any suggestion ... :rock:

i installed mine a year ago @ RM 800 for Low Beam... after my accident, sold it to my friend for his UDM...till today(1 year plus) still working fine....the Accessories/Audio shop i been dealing with for the past 10 years advice me to not buy the China made units...i got the Korean made ones...installed for 2 of my friend's car before also...all over 1 year never burnt out...no problems to battery or car electrical system.

As for fog light...price is the same. Was informed that the Korean made type gone down to RM 700 now. Includes Installation.

As fr being caught. Been through several roadblocks in KL, Selangor, NS, Melaka, Penang, Lumut, Pahang, Perak..no problem as of yet...(not to stray off topic..but my tinting also 70% blackout)....so yea...i think for our UDMs not an issue la...:D

Good luck..and hope this bit of info helped..:D

Ashnaz;376306 said:
i installed mine a year ago @ RM 800 for Low Beam... after my accident, sold it to my friend for his UDM...till today(1 year plus) still working fine....the Accessories/Audio shop i been dealing with for the past 10 years advice me to not buy the China made units...i got the Korean made ones...installed for 2 of my friend's car before also...all over 1 year never burnt out...no problems to battery or car electrical system.

As for fog light...price is the same. Was informed that the Korean made type gone down to RM 700 now. Includes Installation.

As fr being caught. Been through several roadblocks in KL, Selangor, NS, Melaka, Penang, Lumut, Pahang, Perak..no problem as of yet...(not to stray off topic..but my tinting also 70% blackout)....so yea...i think for our UDMs not an issue la...:D

Good luck..and hope this bit of info helped..:D

Bro Ashnaz, thanks for the great info, I'm appreciated it... :top:

i install 4300k for low beam about 2 month ago so far no problem road block lepas,it cost me rm300.

chili e30;376314 said:
i install 4300k for low beam about 2 month ago so far no problem road block lepas,it cost me rm300.

Bro, thanks for the thread. I got 2 choice rite now either go for H1 or HID 4300k. Tq :wink:

make sure you got projector headlamps too.

otherwise-
1) very glaring and cause the whole world to curse at you
2) make your BMW look like cheap car
3) from far ppl mistake your car for Wira-lusion

Top Bottom