Need help rgd actual specs of M-Sport

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Club Guest
Dear Sifus of Beemers,I'm contemplating to get an E60 M-Sport. But i hv a few unanswered questions.1. Does the original M-Sport model MUST come with bucket seats?2. Does the original M-Sport model starts with the old 192hp engine or the new Magnesium engine?Bcoz my friends tell me to be cautious coz they said some of the dealers just bolt the m-sport bodykit to the normal E60s and advertised them as "original M-Sport" and i hv seen advertised M-Sports some with bucket seats and some don't.Many thanks sifus!

5150;431295 said:
Dear Sifus of Beemers,

I'm contemplating to get an E60 M-Sport. But i hv a few unanswered questions.

1. Does the original M-Sport model MUST come with bucket seats?
2. Does the original M-Sport model starts with the old 192hp engine or the new Magnesium engine?

Bcoz my friends tell me to be cautious coz they said some of the dealers just bolt the m-sport bodykit to the normal
E60s and advertised them as "original M-Sport" and i hv seen advertised M-Sports some with bucket seats and some don't.

Many thanks sifus!

Hello there. I've got some answers for you. Other forummers please correct me if I am wrong. These are based on my understandings after extensive research.

1) If it is the base specificaton M-Sport model without any other options, yes it does come with bucket seats. Fabric on contact areas and door panels where the side airbags are, and leather on the sides of the seats. Some M-Sport models have been optioned with Comfort Seats or which means the sports seats/bucket seats get replaced.

2) Depending on what year the vehicle is to be precise. Vehicles before the N52 engine (Magnesium Engine) came with the M54 engine which has a horsepower of 192hp for the 525i. The Magnesium N52 produces 218hp and comes with a start/stop ignition button as opposed to older models which use a key.

If it is just the bolt on kit, you may notice that there may be chrome finishes around the window sills. M-Sports come with satin chrome (black) around the window sills. The M-Sport vehicle also sits 15mm lower than the non M-Sport models due to the presence of the M Sports Suspension.

Hope this helps :). Senior forummers, please add on anything that I've missed out.

the m steering, ///M logo at door sills, black roof lining, satin silver chrome cube trims, bucket seats,...the knobs are dark satin chrome...

Correction... There is a batch of E60 with N52 Magnesium engine (218 bhp) without Start/Stop button & still using keys. They were from the late 2005 (September onwards). How do i know? Coz I own one :D :top:

E60MSport;431334 said:
2) Depending on what year the vehicle is to be precise. Vehicles before the N52 engine (Magnesium Engine) came with the M54 engine which has a horsepower of 192hp for the 525i. The Magnesium N52 produces 218hp and comes with a start/stop ignition button as opposed to older models which use a key.

Top Bottom