Need help: Looking for 1 rim (yes 1)

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

affan66

Founding Member
Hi all,My sis recently got a 318is coupe and I guess the car was left under the garage too long. While driving back to her place, the tire blew. It also cracked the rim as well.I am looking for the following rim (see picture attached).She's very down now. Just got car and now this. If you know where to find one rim (the other 3 are okay), please PM or call me. Please state condition (new/used) and where I can get it quick.Thanks in advance folks.Btw 1, some of you might recognize this car ;)Btw 2, did I post in the right forum??? *scratch head*

Who is nikky?? :p

By the way, the rims are BBS RS II

bbs_rs2.jpg

affan.. sorry to hear about it. There's no chance of saving the rims? I just sms-ed you some numbers. He might be able to help.

Hi affan, would recommend to change all tires if they are old.... see another thread that was started out by Lee on the tyre age issue.

Originally posted by flash@Apr 12 2006, 11:19 AM
Hi affan, would recommend to change all tires if they are old.... see another thread that was started out by Lee on the tyre age issue.

ini nikazwaa punya kete ni !!

Will let you nkow if came across 1 of this rim for sale bro !!

Good Luck Hunting !!

Hi Affan,

What size is the rim? If its 18" then you may be able to ask the shop in Klang if they are willing to sell you one piece. BTW, which part of the rim is damaged? If its the outer lip then it would be possible to order a spare (since its a 2-piece rim). I have the same rims (18") on my car and have been procuring some spare parts from a dealer in Germany. PM me if you need the info.

yes, 17s.

The tires were year 2004. The one that blew was a Sime while the other 3 were Dunlops.

Rim welded for the time being but sis still using the spare. There were three spots to weld. The rim already had problems before and there were already 3 welding spots before this.

the crack is on the inside.

Bro,

Seems like the rim had a lot of damage - would advise that you get it replaced.

kesian her.. baru got the car and already spent a bit..

- ABS sensors front and back
- rear absorbers
- oil service

need to change rims pulak.... help pls...

Bro, I've asked a tyre shop that have the rim for sale. Apparently, according to him as for BBS they won't sell it only 1. It comes in a set of 4. Not like JRD or any other local rim.

However, he'll try to ask for me tomorrow. Need the full spec for the rim. Pls confirm is this correct ~

BBS RS II
17" x 8
Offset +38

aiyak.. niki .. do you know??
I thought the ori rims are sold individually and the cheaper ones the opposite..

arggh.. let me know if you can find one ... PM me if possible.

Originally posted by affan66@Apr 12 2006, 08:19 PM
kesian her.. baru got the car and already spent a bit..

- ABS sensors front and back
- rear absorbers
- oil service

need to change rims pulak.... help pls...
Well, it is part and parcel of owning a 2nd hand BMW.... you gotta spend a bit to do her up. A painful lesson for me too.... :beaten: Do one bit at a time, lessens the pain. :D You have been through it too and see what you have now. :eek:k:

affan.. not too sure of correct measurements. Sorry.

Rizal.. help affan ok? I belanja u tt one day :p

Top Bottom