just found out that I bought hopeless rims

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
anakin;360151 said:
Dear all....
I was the guy that JK Tham mentioned....no Jag, it far from over..
As the stories goes...
I received his sms about noon yesterday, and decided to reply later at night as I was busy working. Here is my sms reply to him.
" Dear Tham...the rims that I sold to you were from my privious E30. During my ownership, I haven't done anything to the rims, honestly I don't even know if the rims has been repaired or damaged before. I feel so sorry for your bad feeling towards me. For your information, I just bought an AC Type 1R for my E34 for 2.5k and had to spent 1k for refurbished. Had to 'ketuk' all 4 rims...but I don't have any bad feeling towards the seller(forummer) who claimed that all 4 rims were free from 'bengkok'...since it a secondhand anyway....but it maybe just me....
So, kindly accept my humble apologies if you felt cheated by me, it really not my intention to do so,you might keep the rims for free and I'll refund all your money back if it could make you feel better..friensship is much more important for me than 4 pieces of 'bengkok' rims..

Peace & regards
Anakin "

But, this thread already started before I even received his sms, make me thinking the other way around...after benig shot in this forum I hve to stand up as an Official Member...
Here the reasons-

- I sold the rims for Rm300+tires.Yes the tires may be expired but still in good condition as they were placed in a room(no cracked/hardened)...to say the tires were bad was understatement.

- I brought the rim all the way from Bentong to KL for him to see. I didn't take any deposit or payable in advanced coz I want him to see for himself.
He saw the rims & tires and the condition of both were in his knowledge....yet he decided to buy it...why only yesterday did he mentioned the tire botak..? He's not blind, for God sake...and I didn't forced him yo buy..

- And dear Tham, what did you expect from wheels that rolled the road for almost 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for 18 years anyway? For RM300? come on man..

- Didn't know you are so fussy...Gee...hope others don't have to sell anything to you in the future..

- Yes, I sell & buy lots of items in this forum, only this time I got into trouble. Anyone here who felt cheated by me please let me know..

- So guys think for yourself, coz I changed my mind already when I read this thread..I WON'T PAY HIM BACK!!!!
It up to him what he want to do with the rims...stove, flower pot..whatever..

Regards.

wow.....dejavu...now i feel for you bro anakin...i oso kna almost similiar case...but mine involved more money...haih....guez evrybody is a victim here..

cheers n peace to all..

anakin;360151 said:
Dear all....
I was the guy that JK Tham mentioned....no Jag, it far from over..
As the stories goes...
I received his sms about noon yesterday, and decided to reply later at night as I was busy working. Here is my sms reply to him.
" Dear Tham...the rims that I sold to you were from my privious E30. During my ownership, I haven't done anything to the rims, honestly I don't even know if the rims has been repaired or damaged before. I feel so sorry for your bad feeling towards me. For your information, I just bought an AC Type 1R for my E34 for 2.5k and had to spent 1k for refurbished. Had to 'ketuk' all 4 rims...but I don't have any bad feeling towards the seller(forummer) who claimed that all 4 rims were free from 'bengkok'...since it a secondhand anyway....but it maybe just me....
So, kindly accept my humble apologies if you felt cheated by me, it really not my intention to do so,you might keep the rims for free and I'll refund all your money back if it could make you feel better..friensship is much more important for me than 4 pieces of 'bengkok' rims..

Peace & regards
Anakin "

But, this thread already started before I even received his sms, make me thinking the other way around...after benig shot in this forum I hve to stand up as an Official Member...
Here the reasons-

- I sold the rims for Rm300+tires.Yes the tires may be expired but still in good condition as they were placed in a room(no cracked/hardened)...to say the tires were bad was understatement.

- I brought the rim all the way from Bentong to KL for him to see. I didn't take any deposit or payable in advanced coz I want him to see for himself.
He saw the rims & tires and the condition of both were in his knowledge....yet he decided to buy it...why only yesterday did he mentioned the tire botak..? He's not blind, for God sake...and I didn't forced him yo buy..

- And dear Tham, what did you expect from wheels that rolled the road for almost 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, for 18 years anyway? For RM300? come on man..

- Didn't know you are so fussy...Gee...hope others don't have to sell anything to you in the future..

- Yes, I sell & buy lots of items in this forum, only this time I got into trouble. Anyone here who felt cheated by me please let me know..

- So guys think for yourself, coz I changed my mind already when I read this thread..I WON'T PAY HIM BACK!!!!
It up to him what he want to do with the rims...stove, flower pot..whatever..

Regards.

Dear Zainal,

I am not here to start an arguement neither I want enemies. My SMS was sent to you in the afternoon and this duscussion thread was posted at 11:44pm. It was only past midnight that I started the thread Since I did not receive any response from you after many hours. A simple "I am busy now and will get back to you shortly" would have suffice.

By the way, your SMS arrived in my phone past midnight only after I started the thread my fren.

Anyhow, No problem if you dont want to refund now even after you messaged me that you would refund(only after i started the thread). I'll just use the rims as pot stand..... My poor judgement on buying things I should say or I am just a coward or softie that make it hard form me to say "never mind, I dun want to buy" after agreeing.

You see, I am the type of person who keeps my word. I will usually contact the seller and the after discussion over phone or email, buy whatever item I say I will buy like I put in my mail to you.

In the first place, I did not mention names even other members wanted to know. Had I wanted to bad-name you, I would have done so in the first post. I had kept it a secret until you yourself decided to say it was you. What I can say is that I salute you for being very very honest and open in this case since you are truly a daring and clean person to do this. Not many people will say "It's me" these days. :top:
My purpose was to vent frustration as all the rims were not only repaired before (could see traces of repairs once tires were removed) but even after that, it wobbled like crazy up and down, left and right. :eek:

Zainal, I presume you bought the car second hand and i guess the previous owner must have use is as a 4x4 going over large boulders? Ha Ha. Funny to think of it since I've never seen such wobble in rims.

BTW, your post said 85% tires so I expected all 4 tires le but only 2 were with thread, other 2 bald.

As for all the way from Bentong.........., remember I had contacted you some time before the actual purchase and you said you had no transport to bring it to KL. So I said I could wait as I was not desperate. You then said you but occasionally visit your relative (brother I think....) in KL so I said, bring it when you visit. So it was that simple that I waited patiently and at your convenience.

But whatever you decide, It's your right. I won't bring this further as it is a tiny amount of money to get worked over between us.

So now..... the rims will be permanantly put off the road by me (pot stand or use it as whatever lar). It's not safe to be on the road as far as I am concerned. Members and forumers, please dont ask me to sell it to you or even give ( I don't mind actually) it to you for free. But I fear nanti rim pecah ke, bengkok semula ke while you are doing your flying lap and get into an accident, I don't want your spirits to look for me then.

And finally, Zainal. Thanks for being a gentleman. I don't need the refund.

Have a safe drive to when balik kampung this Raya and Selamat Hari Raya.

”pergi ke kedai membeli santan
santan di letak di atas peti
silap dan salah minta dimaafkan
jangan disimpan di dalam hati”

Maaf Zahir dan Batin

shaifulo;360100 said:
bro,

i feel your pain....but, u must be aware u r buying wheels at least 16-17 years old. they have to be used meaning they wont be perfect. luck plays a part too :top:

Shaiful,
I wasn't expecting it to be perfect by the way. Slight wobble ok le. but lots of wobble? and all rims? up down left right on balance machine tak bole le....

cam dah guna for off road je....

Selamat Hari Raya.:wink:

ICEMAN 13;360114 said:
bro pm me the seller can ahhh .....? want to stay away from such sellers

Read my post # 10.

I said I didnt want to name names. was posting to vent frustration only

ICEMAN 13;360114 said:
bro pm me the seller can ahhh .....? want to stay away from such sellers

Iceman, like in my PM to you also, please refer to my post # 10. tak nak cakap nama tapi I didn;t expect seller to cakap sendiri.

but thumbs up for Zainal for being an honest person. Salute Salute.

cam nie punye orang Takde refund pun takpe. asalkan honest and explanation acceptable...

lingzhi;360160 said:
wow! turn sour liao...

anything sour can be made sweet again most of the time my fren. not that a life has been taken.....

SuperUnknown;360174 said:
wow.....dejavu...now i feel for you bro anakin...i oso kna almost similiar case...but mine involved more money...haih....guez evrybody is a victim here..

cheers n peace to all..

SuperUnknown, I guess in our posting we have to accurately put in the details.

and I have to learnto carefully inspect the item myself to say "no thanks for the offer" at times..... my weak spot kot....

we (anakin and me) were talking 80% of time about other things that day somehow and when deal time, spoke a tiny bit so no real inspection lor.....

fuh.....bros...
Perhaps it is just a misunderstanding. as a guideline maybe purchasers should sent it to tyre shops first and get it confirmed ok and acceptable. 1st questions to ask is....is it all round?....any repairs done? if tahu cakap tahu le....if bought car 2nd hand liow then say dun no le......Anyway indeed lah...RM300 for 4 pcs summore 18 years old rim mesti ada problem punya. Btw i thank JK tham for starting this thread at least forummers can now analyze the problem and be more careful as to what questions to ask before buying.

Anyway, both are gentleman for admitting and the other for forgiving. macam tu le...maaf zahir n batin.. SHRaya.

jktham;360188 said:
Iceman, like in my PM to you also, please refer to my post # 10. tak nak cakap nama tapi I didn;t expect seller to cakap sendiri.

but thumbs up for Zainal for being an honest person. Salute Salute.

cam nie punye orang Takde refund pun takpe. asalkan honest and explanation acceptable...

dem steady la u... my utmost respect man!

take it easy it mannn..hari raya just around the corner...bermaaf-maafan n halal makan minum...

I salute the both of you for being a true gentleman :top: eitherway i hope u guys can b frens again and see it as jz a misunderstanding :)

are we all reading this for rm300?

are u guys arguing for rm300?

Think again.....peace to u both.

Egon-E39;360198 said:
fuh.....bros...
Perhaps it is just a misunderstanding. as a guideline maybe purchasers should sent it to tyre shops first and get it confirmed ok and acceptable. 1st questions to ask is....is it all round?....any repairs done? if tahu cakap tahu le....if bought car 2nd hand liow then say dun no le......Anyway indeed lah...RM300 for 4 pcs summore 18 years old rim mesti ada problem punya. Btw i thank JK tham for starting this thread at least forummers can now analyze the problem and be more careful as to what questions to ask before buying.

Anyway, both are gentleman for admitting and the other for forgiving. macam tu le...maaf zahir n batin.. SHRaya.

Selamat Hari Raya to you too

Jules;360310 said:
are we all reading this for rm300?

are u guys arguing for rm300?

Think again.....peace to u both.

Read post #22. I did indicate that I don't need the refund after seller said he won't refund.

In the first place, I never asked for and neither did I demand a refund from him. He offered himself and after that he retracted after reading this discussion thread I started after I did not get response from the SMS I sent him earlier in the afternoon. It's his right and his choice and I respoect that. RM300 is a small sum to get all worked over so no fuss at all.

So there was no arguement for any money at all in the first place bro....

B33mEr;360224 said:
I salute the both of you for being a true gentleman :top: eitherway i hope u guys can b frens again and see it as jz a misunderstanding :)

I would leave that to him but I doubt since he says that I am such fussy person and hopes that nobody will sell me anything in future.....

In fact, I just met up with someone to get somehting..... No fuss at all. This is not the first time I buy things from other members. Those who have dealt with me previously would know if I were fussy or a prick

After reading both sides of the story, I really think that this whole episode was just a silly misunderstanding. Sometimes, we get up from the wrong side of the bed.. Maybe you two should meet up for teh tarik & discuss face to face because written words do not carry our normal body language and they could be easily misunderstood sometimes. I´m sure by then all bad bygones will be bygones.

Cheers Guys, and Selamat Hari Raya to all our muslim friends!

This is a healthy argument and it's settled in good gentlemen way.

So to future buyers and sellers, sell and buyer within your own judgment and make sure do it in trust and good fate.

regards.

Since this issued is settled, the Thread will be Locked.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom