Need Advice on newly bought E39

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

zulyus

Club Guest
Hi everyone. My hunt for E39 is finally over. If everything ok I will collect the car this friday. Please advice me what to check and which part to change first.

Bought first then only check?

Hmmm....

Go to a reputable workshop and let them do the checking. Before you go, go through the E39 parts and services thread (maybe the last 10-20 pages since its more recent) to get an idea of the prices. Dont let them cut your throat as a new unsuspecting owner.

Congratulations on your ride!

A diagnostic check should first be on the cards bro... That'll determine what needs to be done on top of the other 'wear and tear' stuff. Do ask the previous owner too if this is a private buy.

Congratulations! Just like my case check only after buying. LoL

No worries many are here to support. I hope u have saved some money for the wear n tear parts replacement.

Mind to share the specs? Any online adverts that we can refer to?

huskar3399;731977 said:
Congratulations! Just like my case check only after buying. LoL

No worries many are here to support. I hope u have saved some money for the wear n tear parts replacement.

Mind to share the specs? Any online adverts that we can refer to?

Thank you for the support bro. You can view the car at http://www.mudah.my/BMW+525i+E39+AUTO+01+04-14496123.htm.

The physical condition of the car looks very ok. My test drive also very satisfatory. Nevertheless....I will still take all sifus advice seriously.

haywire;731916 said:
Bought first then only check?

Hmmm....

Go to a reputable workshop and let them do the checking. Before you go, go through the E39 parts and services thread (maybe the last 10-20 pages since its more recent) to get an idea of the prices. Dont let them cut your throat as a new unsuspecting owner.

What to do Bro.......I really like the car. It is stock standard with no modification. Milage is 118k but not sure kmh or mph. Where should I go for checking Bro......? The car is located in Puchong. Any nearby good mechanic?

BlackCat;731929 said:
Congratulations on your ride!

A diagnostic check should first be on the cards bro... That'll determine what needs to be done on top of the other 'wear and tear' stuff. Do ask the previous owner too if this is a private buy.

Thanks for the advice BlackCat. That will be my top of my to do list once collect the car this friday.

Congrats on your new ride bro! Hope everything goes as planned

from the pictures i could spot some accessories' modifications. black grill, aftermarket HU, ///m pedals, perhaps the meter rings. if 01/04 then the engine should be m54b25. get your vin numbers (last 7 characters) and key them in realoem.com to see the original manufacturer specs.

the mileage could also be in miles because the clusters are in both units, miles/h and km/h.

huskar3399;732031 said:
from the pictures i could spot some accessories' modifications. black grill, aftermarket HU, ///m pedals, perhaps the meter rings. if 01/04 then the engine should be m54b25. get your vin numbers (last 7 characters) and key them in realoem.com to see the original manufacturer specs.

the mileage could also be in miles because the clusters are in both units, miles/h and km/h.

You're right. I've already checked the VIN.

Just purchased my e39 328i. It's silver but would like to repaint. Thinking about havanna metallic. Anyone with that color? Can you share your views and maybe even some pics?

choon;734030 said:
Just purchased my e39 328i. It's silver but would like to repaint. Thinking about havanna metallic. Anyone with that color? Can you share your views and maybe even some pics?

hi and good day choon..first of all, welcome to our forum....

I am suggesting that u start another thread in the newbie section for a brief intro..and dont forget to post yr photos there so that sifus can advise you pertaining to yr ride..oh, one more thing, you bought a 5 series or 3 series bro?

JFT63;734059 said:
hi and good day choon..first of all, welcome to our forum....

I am suggesting that u start another thread in the newbie section for a brief intro..and dont forget to post yr photos there so that sifus can advise you pertaining to yr ride..oh, one more thing, you bought a 5 series or 3 series bro?

Its 528i a typo.

Top Bottom