E39 M52 or M54 engine recommendation

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
look at the front end of the valve cover. M52 is a single vanos. only intake cam has a hydraulic device.. therefore only one "bump" . for M54, it has hydraulic unit on both cam .. so you see it is totally cover on both cam.. as if there are nothing there.. flush end..

alan

alantiong;511678 said:
look at the front end of the valve cover. M52 is a single vanos. only intake cam has a hydraulic device.. therefore only one "bump" . for M54, it has hydraulic unit on both cam .. so you see it is totally cover on both cam.. as if there are nothing there.. flush end..

alan

X Benz;513591 said:
Bro.

The M52 is single vanos looks different but actually the M52tu double vanos and M54 look very much the same..

Actually if u read properly - my question is difference between M52TU and M54. both are double vanos and the vanos cover looks the same. :)

transporter;513618 said:
Actually if u read properly - my question is difference between M52TU and M54. both are double vanos and the vanos cover looks the same. :)

How abt this difference?....M52TU uses the conventional throttle mechanical cable as a linkage to flip the butterfly in the throttle body. M54 is throttle by wire. Uses wires and sends signals digitally to DME.

bmw7833;510458 said:
See the different?

bro...
u sure the M54 looks like that?
mine looks like ur M54 but my mechanic sez its an M52
mine is a recond 2000 fr UK
pls enlighten me...

kayzhen911;522037 said:
bro...
u sure the M54 looks like that?
mine looks like ur M54 but my mechanic sez its an M52
mine is a recond 2000 fr UK
pls enlighten me...

Probably yours is TU engine.

6 cyl engine bmw evolution : M20 -> M50 -> M52 -> M54 -> N52..
newer of course always better... but i heard N52 not too good with our fuel compared to M54.

Top Bottom