Need advice on maintenance of a 323i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jazzler

Club Guest
Hi all,I've been told that the BMW manual is not exactly accurate in giving us information with regards to the maintenance of our UDM. Probably because due to our climate and I suspect the manual is relatively specific to European region.Can anyone give me heads up as to the maintenance of a Malaysian 323i to ensure continuous driving sensation and longevity of my beast? Wish to know as much about the maintenance before I take possession of it. Thanks in advance :)

My beautiful SA told me its better to do 10k oil change due to the sludge problem.

Funny incident........after the AGM, started my 323i and guess what????.......the low engine oil signage started to blink........hmmmm, I did used the iDrive to check.The level was below the minimum. The iDrive then suggested that I top up 1 liter of Engine Oil.....drove to the the Petrol Station just 100m down the road and top up, after that the mark was full and green. While taking a short cigi break due to the heavy rain, I remembered that I did sent the car for an Oil Change at 10K.....it is now 16K.......hmmmm.....is this car consuming extra Engine Oil?.......This morning, I checked the road spot underneath where I park my car and there were no signs of oil marks on the floor......Will be making an appointment to AB on tuesday to check this out.........as a 6 potter, the engine will take at least 6 liters of Engine Oil.Upon filling the 1 liter, the green level was at it's max on the iDrive.......is the level shown on the iDrive an additional 1 liter as a spare to the remaining circulating inside the engine......????......did not noticed any slag or jerk in engine at all.

stanleycck;499389 said:
Funny incident........after the AGM, started my 323i and guess what????.......the low engine oil signage started to blink........hmmmm, I did used the iDrive to check.The level was below the minimum. The iDrive then suggested that I top up 1 liter of Engine Oil.....drove to the the Petrol Station just 100m down the road and top up, after that the mark was full and green. While taking a short cigi break due to the heavy rain, I remembered that I did sent the car for an Oil Change at 10K.....it is now 16K.......hmmmm.....is this car consuming extra Engine Oil?.......This morning, I checked the road spot underneath where I park my car and there were no signs of oil marks on the floor......Will be making an appointment to AB on tuesday to check this out.........as a 6 potter, the engine will take at least 6 liters of Engine Oil.Upon filling the 1 liter, the green level was at it's max on the iDrive.......is the level shown on the iDrive an additional 1 liter as a spare to the remaining circulating inside the engine......????......did not noticed any slag or jerk in engine at all.

I just did my own oil change couple of days back after 10k BSRI..after replacing filter and added 6.5L while i was driving from workshop i start to check the oil level and it showed half way between min and max...then called the mech and was told it needs at least 6k to run in for you to see the actual oil level after pressurised..later i found the oil level was on max level as told by the mech..so in your case how come the idrive detect the oil level so soon..? If the oil level was below minimum then i dont think 1L was sufficient to fill the 6potter showing straight full...hmm

jazzler;472083 said:
Hi all,

I've been told that the BMW manual is not exactly accurate in giving us information with regards to the maintenance of our UDM. Probably because due to our climate and I suspect the manual is relatively specific to European region.

Can anyone give me heads up as to the maintenance of a Malaysian 323i to ensure continuous driving sensation and longevity of my beast? Wish to know as much about the maintenance before I take possession of it.

Thanks in advance :)

Bro if your are buying brand new then you dont have to worry about maintenance since warranty and BSRI is there...and i dont think our UDMs will gave up easily unless some minor issues due to poor assembly or cost saving parts..different ppl has different perceptions on looking after/maintain the UDM..mine is simple replaced wear and tear as needed,oil change on time and whack the car..since 323&325 shares the same high revving engine it needs to rev hard...:top:

Top Bottom