My worry for driving the M3...:(

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tony5050

Club Guest
guys, when i first got my car from the 1st owner, it has only 14K Miles clocked. Right...i got the car and i drive it almost every single day..to work, to eat, to club, to beach, to port, to meeting........blardy hell, almost to everywhere...is just too reliable for everyday use...tht's the good news! u see, sometimes, i would really wanna save the milleage clock on the car, NOT for the re-sale issue though...but rather, is the engine gonna lose too much of its "performance" after sometime?...anyone can suggest like what is the Mileage for a proper Engine check up?...man, i think i'm just being paranoid but seeing the clock getting higher everyday, i feel like getting another car for myself....but then, wht's the point of having a ///M and park it at home jst for weekend??....sigh...:( regards,sad BUT happy UDM owner..:D

i know what you mean man. i used to drive from USJ 9 to Pusat bandar damansara everday in my ///M and used to clock like 40 miles a day. i have done like 13k miles in a year man... and that is like toooooooooo much!!!!

dun worry.. just follow the inspection routine schedule.. shud be fine.. if u look over motortrader uk or something, the ///m cars are super high mileage..!! the ///m is meant for everyday drive.. thats the whole beauty of it!

i clocked almost 30k a yr!!! kereta cari makan ma... :D no point pampering it by keeping it at home.. to me, if one cannot afford the high maintenance cost, they shudnt have bought it in the first place, right?

azzy,

dude, saw you in your CSL on Federal some time ago..u were rushing to Subang i guess..tak sempat nak ligan oh..:D
man, i clocked almost 36K since Feb '06..and tht's in MILES....:mad:

Adliz,
what a relief after reading your post man. some fellas in the US said the Engine should have at least 120K Miles even though with some hard driving sometimes..any idea when it the clutch system usually "sampai masa"?:)

u saw me on the federal highway?? really?? hmmm... i don't know... i ahve not used the federal highway in ages... was it a saturday?? becos i go over to sunway to get my car washed... and that is probably the only time i use the federal highway nowadays...

yup... on the contrary... i met this special projects dude from auto bavaria... the guy who promotes the ///m cars recently... he does not sell... just promote... and apparently he told me the thing about the ///ms are that the higher mileage you clock the better... not so much performance lah... but in terms of the wear and tear materials in the car...

he said... every month take your car out on to the highways and thrash it... minimum...kl-ipoh and back... that way u get you brakes, clutch, differential and everything working at its optimum level... he also told me that the thud sound you get when you change gear is normal... but when you get the klik klok sound... then it means take your ///m to ipoh again...

so clocking mileage is good for the ///m... don't worry abotu performance... as long as you service at regular intervals... it is all good...

I drive everyday to cari makan also. Average around 50km per day. Previous owner took 3 years to done 20kKM, I took 1 year ; (
Yeah! I guess you all are right, why for keep the car at home....vrrooooommm vrroooooommm.... I'm Loving It!!!

pussy;200572 said:
i drive no M car.. but its a waste to leave it at home..

I totally agree...what's a waste! If I own one ///M someday, I would never let other owner make more mileage rather than me. Feel the driving is worth and priceless compare to mileage increase.

Buy it ,use it and enjoy ever minute of it. Good cars are meant to be enjoyed by driving it. I buka the canvas whenever possible . Don't buy a convertible with the hood always on !! Cheers

Announcment::cool:
For those who own an M3 and M5.:D

If those owners are worried and scared of driving their car( Only applicable for M3 and M5) on daily basis. :D

Well...:eek:you always park ur car at PNDC and they'll be well taken care of.
Free of charge.:eek:

Those interested in parking their car and leave it in good hands:rolleyes:...pls put ur name,car make and phone no on the list...

PNDC Free Daily Parking Service

heheee.....mauahahaaaa...!!!!

Top Bottom