My quest for a little more fun begins

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

cyne

Club Guest
Just threw out the old box today, and put in an aftermarket box. I think I had a little more smoother rev, its like my pedal was loosen a bit.
IMG_4416.JPG
The old heavy box, its almost 5kg I think... My left rear is a tad bit higher now.. need to readjust the Titans.

IMG_4419.JPG

Done... I likey the sound... Next will be the aftermarket air cleaner.

But before I put in more noise, I was trying to cut out some of the wind noises that I had for the longest time. Changed the triangle weatherstrip and found out the biggest culprit. The wire gasket rubber that didn't go through the side mirror hole.

IMG_4027.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4031.JPG

Additional rubber glues to it...

anakin said:
Cyne...how titan's ride?
Titan's ride... Damn satisfactory... I used it with the H&R that was with the B8 before. Only problem is, the H&R is a bit too short for the Titans to travel. And I went back the 2nd time to retune. Now is all good.
IMG_4013.JPG

Also DIY the dreaded door creaks. I used a cloth based tape bought online and viola, no more creaks ! Cheap fix

The fronts
IMG_4215.JPG

The rear. Covering the "lip" of the rubber is important, as the first experiment I did, didn't cover and the creaks are still all over.

IMG_4216.JPG

Aha...may I someday, have a ride in your car? just want to feel the titan...if it suit me, the I just asked Richard to follow your setting... :)
p/s- bought the H&R already..

anakin said:
Aha...may I someday, have a ride in your car? just want to feel the titan...if it suit me, the I just asked Richard to follow your setting... :)
p/s- bought the H&R already..
Sure

bro cyne...wah ....the muffler change is daring.is it not loud and boomy?what about during crz?in my young-er days this is normal but now......boh tahan liaow.

you thinking of replacing the stock air box?well....stock gives the best volume of air for the engine.aftermarket looks gonjeng...to me la.you will have the satisfaction of hearing the whoosh of intake air when you floor it tho....

Bro moots, the sound is almost stock in the cabin! But when u wind down the window, you'll hear the low growl. Anyway what Crz?

I thought the open pods gave the best air volume, when coupled with a workable heat shield. I'll DIY a piece maybe later,

The K&N drop ins are expensive, and needed maintenance.

Done... 1.5hrs DIY job. Doesn't look nice, but I guess it will do the job in cutting off most of the radiator fan's hot air.

IMG_4422.JPG

IMG_4423.JPG

Now I just need a nice open pod and an 45deg L adapter.

cyne said:
Bro moots, the sound is almost stock in the cabin! But when u wind down the window, you'll hear the low growl. Anyway what Crz?

I thought the open pods gave the best air volume, when coupled with a workable heat shield. I'll DIY a piece maybe later,

The K&N drop ins are expensive, and needed maintenance.
sorry...CRZ = cruise

cyne said:
Previous was 520 mah...
520i M54 if the engine is in top form good response compared to M52 520i can chase 525 M52 easily.

M54 fuel FC is also better.

Cheers

Top Bottom