ICE setup.

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
hehe.. Vanquish was ur nick in the Iasca/Gr8tunes forum mar...

Me no racun monster... me racun supplier only :p

My Butlers are still with me. Dunno to sell or not to sell as they are in my storeroom at the moment. Quite like the sound that it gives and the only thing for me to upgrade to is something super high end.. prolly a Luxman which is out of budget.

Originally posted by Bert@Feb 16 2006, 01:03 AM
The only thign abt Zapco that I dun really liek is that you need to spend a fortune on their Simbilink stuff...
Dunno about you guys but the choice of name ......'zapco'(?!!) .... thats just sooooo wrong..... might as well name them ACME or something.....

Long overdue makeover coming up ... will post pics and write up in a separate thread later.

HU - Eclipse CD 8443 / running 3-way active via onboard x-overs.

Front mids - DLS UR6S now / to be replaced with CDT HD or ES6
Front tweets - DLS UR1 .... my ol gal.
Amplifier : Genesis Four Channel Series III / 90W x 4
RCA cable : Macrom Reference M1 x 2 pairs

Coming up -
Sub : Image Dynamics IDMax 12 V3 ( 1.3 cft sealed enclosure )
Sub amp : Orion HCCA250 Digital Reference ( 800W x 1 @ 1 ohms rated ... scoped at 1050W x 1 @ 1 ohms on the test bench )
RCA cable : EFX Platinum

1 upgraded battery - Varta or Optima
1 Farad Stinger Hyper Capacitor

Project will also involve boot and floor soundproofing exercise to optimise the IDMax. Possible redesign of the current amp rack plus an inclusion of a thermo-controlled fan for the Orion HCCA amp. An ol school beauty that kicks some serious ass and temperature as well. My trusty installer will be having a blast for sure .... Yap if you're reading this ... will buy you kopi for all the trouble.

Cheers,

VaN.

Setup update - a cheap fix.

I guess with a few more KICK-ASS installs coming up from some guys here soon,
it'll be good to jump start this thread again. :p

Anyway, post my depression of having sold Elizabeth ( my Genesis Four Channel
amp ) and sending Kate ( my Genesis Dual Mono amp ) on lease I decided to
pick-up some old school stuff lying around and about to put a simple system.
The fact that there's no music in my car was also killing me ! ;)

So, here's what we ended up with - do note that I did not change my HU and
the existing component system of the old!

Here's a shot of the HU all set-up and running - it's an ol school Eclipse CD
deck, CD-8443 with cracking piece of built in processor that does everything except cook, clean and tidy up after me!

Picture67.jpg

The comps on the custom build kick panels - the UR6 mids on the stock location and the delectable UR1 tweeters on the A-pillars. My installer confirmed that I can eventually hook up the Seas Nextel 7 inch mag coned mids here later without any more mods needed to clear their 80mm mounting depth! That'll have to wait till I've saved up some more $$$

Picture49.jpg

Picture65.jpg

Picture48.jpg

The tweeters are now angled in a little bit more towards the driver & front passenger
so that helps to keep the soundstage right in the centre of the dash ... floating about
a few inches off the dash! Nice!

First up - the heart of the new system / the amps.

1. Front stage amp - a mint cond. Xtant 404M four channel amp with a rated
output of 50W x 4 - benched at 65-70W in real life application. This unit is a
wee bit more special as the previous owner had done his own Burr Brown
OP-Amp IC upgrades in SIN for a fortune. I just picked up another unit - this
one is without the BB upgrade for safe keeping. It'll be bridged for 200W /
channel for the Seas Nextels when they get here later while this unit will be
running my tweets & 3 inch mids (later) active. Either way, it's one of Xtant's
finest creations todate .... and very rare too!

Picture68.jpg

2. Sub amp - used but still in decent shape Rockford Fosgate Punch 360.2 of the now famous
Waffle Shaped lineage. One of the best ol school RF - these amps are true power houses
that takes on everything that you can throw at them.

Built in the late 90's when RF was the name to beat in amplifier domain incorporating the best of their R&D and technology. All metal and sturdy design means business and though rated at 360W x 1 @ 4 ohms mono, the birth sheet of this amp says that it puts out 452W x 1 @ 4 ohms mono at 13.8V! Very funny !

Picture69.jpg

Finally, the sub for the last punch!

Here is the Adire Audio Shiva MKIII - Adire makes some kick-ass home audio stuff
and have now ventured head-on into the ICE drivers domain with superb results.
I was actually using the Shiva for a while at home in a 2 cft sealed enclosure given
it's dual 8 ohms voice coil design with brilliant results. It now sits in a temporary
1.6 cft sealed enclosure with polyfill stuffing which will go soon. I think it takes up
much boot space and the sub is quite boomy from my own and a few members
impression today. A smaller and more compact box is the way to go, I guess!

Picture73.jpg

Picture74.jpg

So, all else remained as what it was before with 2 5M pairs of Macrom M1 Ref RCA
cables for the front stage while the EFX Platinum RCA handles the signal for the
sub duties. Speaker cables are 12 AWG Audiobank all round and the ol Stinger
Hyper Capacitor stays on. Like I said, it's just a simple system to supply some
decent tunes while I'm the road without breaking the bank.

Here's a picture of the finished set-up - though the sub box will be reduced and
refitted accordingly within a day or two. Most of these will probably be sold later
when I revamp the system again but it won't be anytime soon. BTW, both the
amps have been given a nice coat of polish just a while back and now look a lot
better in flesh! :cool:

Picture72.jpg

And this is a picture of a fellow club member doing unspeakable/unprintable thing
to my installer while he was busy working on my car! Gosh ... deprevation is really
a bad thing !!! :eek:

Picture70.jpg

Nice...! You did it at yap's place? You name your amp and mono block?!?

Gosh... I will be doing my final setup this weekend in KL then i can post here too. Got my self a Blaupunkt HU Memphis MP - 66... know whats the best part?? It has an adapter so i can still use my Multifunction Steering Wheel yay!

To forummers out there who still want to retain their multi fucntion for e46 or e39 look out for blaupunkt HU. What i like bout the blaupunkt?? the radio is excellent. EQ settings?? Dunno i use a seperate crossover so i flat all the settings on the HU but do i play around with it, the memphis has quite a range.

Hahahahaha !!!

You noticed ? Yeah, Elizabeth and Kate are essentially an extension of my 2 favourite
English lasses ... Liz Hurley and Kate Beckinsale la! The whole thing was hooked up at
Yap's place but the hardwares are mine. This shud keep me from spending any more
money on future upgrades for a while. Now, about the front mid bass and mid range
units .... hhmm !!!

Yeah, I'm glad you found the Blaupunkt HU range helpful. Their FM reception is superb,
man and their CD transport unit is much more sturdy and built to last compared to Sony
for example. Simple but effective range of HUs including the DAB enabled unit in there.
And you get to retain your steering wheel controls as well ! Post up your adventures
later la ...

Cheers,
VaN.

Funny! at first i thought what is a kate genesis is that a new product line name?

Anyways nice setup you have there van.. i will post pics when i am done.

mr vanquish,

u said that u got the cables from ebay rite, is it malaysian ebay or overseas ebay?

Azizan,

The Monsters were from Ebay US but honestly, I wud not waste too much money on them. I'm currently on Macrom's M1 Reference for my tweeters and mids and EFX Platinum Sub for my subbie. Usually, you cant go wrong with decent cables from any known brands but some of the Korean and Taiwan sourced ones aren't too bad either.

Regards,
VaN.

Top Bottom