My e46 is uneven in ride height

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

advocates

Club Guest
I just notice that my right rear wheel of my e46 sits lower than the rest. There is a two fingers gap when the rest has three fingers gap. Is it normal??

Old topic, it is normal.

As the car initially design for LHD. The designer take count for driver weight actually.

When come to RHD, the height is obvious which the driver and battery all in right side.

Happen to my ride b4 but mine was Front. Manage to fix it by taken out both RH & LH coil spring sitting equally on the absorber for both side.

Just a thought... i have the same problem to the same specific area... can i just switch the spring from right to Left ???

xcrave;643751 said:
Just a thought... i have the same problem to the same specific area... can i just switch the spring from right to Left ???

Can u clear your old PM as i can not reach u via PM..Need your help. Thanks.

advocates;644723 said:
Managed to sort out the uneveness...just replaced the spring pad. nice!

Thx bro for this info... BTW can post pic or specific item/brand you use?

per piece.., you may not need to change the whole set of four. The mechanic will measure the ride height of the car first then determine which side need to have it replaced.

xcrave;643751 said:

Yours uneven are front or rear ?

advocates;642021 said:
I just notice that my right rear wheel of my e46 sits lower than the rest. There is a two fingers gap when the rest has three fingers gap. Is it normal??

Errr... same case??? Rear Right should be Rear Driver side? :p

Top Bottom