My baby make some noise again

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hkh_88

Club Guest
Everytime when the car was cruising uneven road, the steering come out a "Klok Klok" sound. Even the car is not moving, i shake the steering, the sound also come out. Went to the workshop and ask the foreman check it, he say was the steering shaft (The 1 inside the car, holding the steering, under the dashbord). Anyone solve this be4, the foreman say a brand new cost 4k :cry:

I've also experienced a similar problem to yours..but when i shake my steering wheel..no sound ler..so is it the same symptom a.k.a the steering shaft or ? my gawd..4 k...*faints* haha..

Originally posted by hkh_88@Feb 3 2006, 03:08 AM
where is all those sifu ???? :beaten: :beaten:

Cuti !!! :p

1) M40 steering is one of the worst - except Fab's car .. dunno how he did it .

2) Go underneath the dashboard - close to the brake/clutch paddle. U can see ur steering shaft covered by a small plastic bush. U can tighten that bush - but careful - not tooooo tight.

3) If item (2) failed, check ur steering coupling. Change the rubber if it is torn/harden

4) If item (3) failed, change steering rack to E36 ... this one , got to ask Kevin Zoggeeeeee ...

Originally posted by 535i@Feb 3 2006, 03:42 AM

2) Go underneath the dashboard - close to the brake/clutch paddle. U can see ur steering shaft covered by a small plastic bush. U can tighten that bush - but careful - not tooooo tight.

Try checking out the sifu's recommendation

Originally posted by snake@Feb 6 2006, 06:51 PM
way to go pussy thats exactly what you would rite....hehehehehe :D
That's what he did to his engine, instead changing the engine oil, he changed the whole engine :D

Hi Guyz,

think I am having the same problem. Especially when going over rough road surfaces like small pot holes or even down car park ramps with multiple small humps, a rattle is heard along the shaft of the steering wheel. Sound has been evident for some time now.

Sending in to AB for a review this Thursday.

Originally posted by tank34@Feb 6 2006, 10:39 PM
Hi Guyz,

think I am having the same problem. Especially when going over rough road surfaces like small pot holes or even down car park ramps with multiple small humps, a rattle is heard along the shaft of the steering wheel. Sound has been evident for some time now.

Sending in to AB for a review this Thursday.
keepin update once you checked your car :rolleyes:

Guyz,

car came back from AB and the sounds still persists. The CSO originally told me that he suspected that it came form the Suspension bushing. So apparently they tightened up that area and whilst at it, they were kind enough to re-align my steering wheel.

Test drove the car yesterday and this morning and there is no change. I think Kevster had the solution to the problem which is to tighten the bushing beneath the dash board. Have not tried it yet.

Kevster, does the solution apply to E46. Don't think the bushing will be exposed nor easy to get to.

Took the car to an alternative workshop and they suspect that it is a bushing problem. This was similar to what AB suspected however AB only tightened nuts and bolts around the area. I think I may have to replace the entire right arm bushing, can someone confirm that this needs to be done?

Top Bottom