My 325i SMG

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Zul

Club Guest
I have finally decided to sell my e46 325i SMG. Already confirm with the buyer today. He is another forummer here but not that active. So hopefully after next week or 2 weeks if you see a silver 325iSMG with full AC bodykit it won't be me anymore driving it.Actually was half-hearted whether want to sell or not but the cooper-s should be able to replace the fun of driving the SMG.As a replacement I'll be getting the e60 530i with the new R6 engine. It will be black sapphire with grey interior. Hopefully will get the car by end of next week.

Sweet man... The new R6 530i sounds like a good platform to play with. Seen a fully ACS'ed E60 and its simply awesome...

Hoping you'll be adventurous with yours as well :).

BTW, interesting to see that for AB sepcs, the E60 530i still comes with 17"s and no M bodykit while the E60 525i comes with 18" and the bodykit... A bit odd.

zul : it must b really sad to part wiv the car .. nvm, partin fer a better wife err car i mean rite :)

owh yes, just a piece of advice, we in the bmwclub ere hev received, heard, experienced so many bad exp wiv few forummers in ere, n somehow mostly were newbies of whom werent active in the clubs. so without prejudice to dat guy who is sellin to u (u may turn out to b nice, sorry), i wld advise to b wise durin the process k. no harm exercisin dat rite.

lastly, gd luck n best wishes fer yer nxt mean machine. n CONGRATULATION to whoeva bought zul's fully ac kitted car k, do join us durin our TT k dude.

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

e46fanatic,

Yes, rather odd that the 525 comes with 'M' suspension, bodykit and 18" wheel. I have tested the car few days ago. First impression, I'll buy this car but after test drive found that the suspension setup with 18" RFT is worse than my e46 with MTec suspension and 19" wheel/tyre.

I think it has something to do with marketting strategy. They have the 523i to fill in the vacuum left by putting the 525 with all the 'M kit'.

IMO, the 530i is maintain with 17" to keep the comfort of the car. Anyway most likely will be another AC Schnitzer kitted car.

kahar,

Thanks for the advice. I know the buyer personally since last year when he contacted me in the forum. I have met him few times and know where he live and work. Anyway I'm not dealing directly with him. I've left the matter to the SH Manager to settle it for me.

Yes, very hard to part with the car. Thats why the idea of selling it comes off few times. Anyway after driving my cooper-s I think I can take it.

Yes, most likely will be another AC kitted car but I won't be able to rush it because need to divert the $$$ to my new house which should be getting the CFO this month.

So Kahar, when are you changing???

Zul sad to see your car to another guy but for upgrade ok juga as Kahar mention ingat lah for friends sake. I saw you with your MCS blue is it with same No. as 325i you kan, last sunday evening at Dato Pelembang road I was on the way to my parents house tak sempat nak flash pun sama2 laju.

Hi rezzy3181,

Yes, my MCS is the same number. Next time call me earlier.

:( :(

Zul, habis ..... I nominated your car for the IAD Roundel Award ...
Anyway .... congratulation on yr new ride .... why don't you try the 530D ?

Yazid

wow-sters! dude, excellent upgrade.....

Best wishes on your new ride but what about Master Yazid's suggestion? Why dont you try the 530D?

I've thought of 530d but was put off when listened to the car. Although the vibration is much less compared to the old generation diesel but can still feel the difference. There is also no discount on the road tax, can't remember why. Was also told that the car will be difficult to resell later, don't know how true it is.

Thanks for the nomination JYazid. The car will be with another forummer but he is not that active although he is following the forum.

:D hey zul..good choice on ur upgrade..530i yummmmmmmmehhh!! :wink: another AC fan,as am i.
where do u get ur AC bits bro?

Yes AC Schnitzer, dulu, kini dan selamanya...

Now, really need to save for the 20" Type IV Racing Wheel...

Got mine from Jason at EKS Motorsport, Sunway.

:D oh ok cool.. i get mine from him too.thinking bout getting AC backbox la but he quoted rm4k..a bit steep but i guess it'd be the same anywhere else huh??
with him u'll have no worries about authenticity..

Originally posted by Zul@Jul 6 2005, 02:02 AM
I've thought of 530d but was put off when listened to the car. Although the vibration is much less compared to the old generation diesel but can still feel the difference. There is also no discount on the road tax, can't remember why. Was also told that the car will be difficult to resell later, don't know how true it is.

Thanks for the nomination JYazid. The car will be with another forummer but he is not that active although he is following the forum.
not to forget...the quality of our diesel...SHUCK big time!!!!!! :ph34r:

Originally posted by Zul@Jul 6 2005, 12:39 PM
Hi rezzy3181,

Yes, my MCS is the same number. Next time call me earlier.
I don't have your HP No. lah I'll pm you mine. normally I balik Mcca stay at home till back to Sban., lost all my old friends hope to see you next visit.

Hello, all. I m Anwar. I am keen to purchase a 2002 E46 325I SMG from Naza. I would consider this an upgrade from my current Honda Accord. Any advice? Heard there's problem with the gearbox. Any truth to this?

Driller;194444 said:
Hello, all. I m Anwar. I am keen to purchase a 2002 E46 325I SMG from Naza. I would consider this an upgrade from my current Honda Accord. Any advice? Heard there's problem with the gearbox. Any truth to this?

it really depends on your luck, some ppl who drive valvetronic BM also got problems with the gearbox.
but '02 325 smg being the 1st generation smg gearbox from BM will naturally have higher risk of faults then the subsequent generation - i'd advise to get newer ones or better still get the M3 with SMGII :cool:

Top Bottom