My 2G iPhone is dead...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

BlackCat

Founding Member
Staff member
long live the iPhone... Yup, its dead! Its bricked!!! So... anyone here knows how to revive the 2G iPhone? I had recently upgraded the firmware from 1.1.4 to 2.2.1 [about less than 2 weeks ago]. It was running fine all along until I started customizing it a couple of days ago by downloading more apps [of course some 3rd party ones and those 'cracked/hacked' ones as well]. Only options that I have would be:
  • getting a new one
  • use my old Nokia phone
  • send it to Low Yat Plaza and HOPE that the process could be reversed!
  • try and do it by myself by reformatting the whole thing and building [uploading the firmware] from scratch!!!
Thing is... I do not have the bloody time [or enough time in this case] to try option 3 or 4. Arrggghhhhhhhhhh...

Bro, let me check check your phone..

What do u mean by 'dead'? Even don have the Apple logo after u press the power button for 10 seconds?

Have u try to restore the phone? Restoration and jailbraking will only take u 15 minutes (provided you have download the pwanage before).

Don send ur phone to LY Plaza, their will definitely cut your throat.

ekkksssss I was about to update the software to 2.2.0 and I didnt, phewwwww. Bro, the guys at Digital Mall said that the iPhone 2G does not work well with the 2.2.1 version. Apparently there hs been lots of complaints.

Managed to build it back from scratch 6 hours before leaving to Jakarta last Sunday morning!!!

It was not responding even in 'DFU' mode. Did a hard reset, then restored via iTunes and rebuilt the OS... seems to be working for now, keeping my fingers crossed.

It might be the various apps [and lots of it] that I was downloading earlier that made it unstable.

I really thought it was a gonner.

bro,

u r putting me off the 3G iphone......

or should i just buy....

Top Bottom