Misty..Where is my engine oil gone???

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mont-o

Club Guest
Okay..letme explain, today i am doing my Oil Service (done up to 9000KM + with Q eight Fully Syn. oil). To my surprise after drain out the old oil there is only +- 4 litre left...where is another 3 litre????I am blurred about this, may be got technical explaination why the oil reduced so much. Somebody experienced this?? Okay undercarriage checking was done...confirmed no oil leak, No experience loss of power, No experience of black smoke. Any sifu can explain this...it's normal or abnormal?Cheers..

Bro,
Have you checked the content of your radiator. Might be your engine oil is leaking into the cooling water passage. Also, if due to piston rings the smoke would be bluish white in color.

Or, could it be that during your last service only 4 liters was filled? :p

it can also seep thru the valve seal and get burned in the combustion chamber...

u can check with the other 328i driver using Q8F1 ie Numbertwo and Hairy...

Mobil 1 will hv such 'problem', evaporated as per the Mobil 1 dealer. But missing 3 ltr is something reallll.... :blink: No such incident after switching to Q8.. The max mileage I've done b4 the next change was also 9K+ and the dip stick didn't show any decrease in oil level..

you should be checking your oil level very frequently. im suprised your engine is still running.
i know a guy here in sydney that drove an e36 318iS and he never bothered to check his oil, one day he's engine just went clunck & that was the end of it...

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Apr 28 2005, 09:53 PM
you should be checking your oil level very frequently. im suprised your engine is still running.
i know a guy here in sydney that drove an e36 318iS and he never bothered to check his oil, one day he's engine just went clunck & that was the end of it...
4 liter is still ok lah.. don't scare him... ;) but still it's good to check engine oil level often.... sometimes u never know.. good to check...

Maybe the oil burn out eh..

It may be thru valve seal ... leave your engine idle for a while then press accelarator see if got smoke .

Indications of valve seal wear ... it wont show constantly :D

Originally posted by NumberTWO@Apr 28 2005, 07:47 PM
Mobil 1 will hv such 'problem', evaporated as per the Mobil 1 dealer. But missing 3 ltr is something reallll.... :blink: No such incident after switching to Q8.. The max mileage I've done b4 the next change was also 9K+ and the dip stick didn't show any decrease in oil level..
I've been using mobil 1 silver (use to be 15w50 now is 5w50) for quite some time and have never lost any amount according to my dipstick.

Top Bottom