Minyak Sawit alternative for your engine oil...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

patinidop

Club Guest
i have heard 2 person use,tested minyak sawit ( cooking oil sawit based ) as their car engine lubricant.1st - Volvo 240GL (using VESAWIT )2nd - Volvo 245GLIthe owner for 240GL tell me that his fuel consumption reduce to half from usual(test for highway crusing yesterday night) and tempreature(normal) + kereta more ringan + engine smoother and more responsive.is there anyone here using minyak sawit ( cooking oil sawit based ) as a engine lubricant?need more comment and feedback.RegardspatiNidop

I was wondering when this type of thread might show up here.....

Had a coworker who actually tried it on his Wira.... have no idea why anyone would do such a thing but anyway....

It worked!!!!!...... for a short while. After that have to rebuild the engine. So, good luck to anyone who wants to try it out.

Overhaul soon after.. many tried but again, yesterday didn't work doesn't mean tomorrow will fail too. Even Thomas Edison failed 2,000 times.. I hope u have the budget to overhaul 2,000 times.. :p

Fully synthetic oil is now using PAO ~ Poly.alfa.olefin synthesis which is a G-IV classification oil while Ester is being used in G-V classification oil. Ask yourself why? Unless these scientists have not heard of Kelapa Sawit before.. :eek: .. or its another govt conspiracy ?!! :eek:

Keep us posted on your test result.. ;)

No wonder now cooking oil always out of stock coz many people cooking their engine:eek:

Been experimenting with this at our factory in Indonesia. Although immediate benefits can be seen (lower fuel consumption, engine runs cooler), prolonged usage would result in worn out piston rings at a much faster rate. Perhaps if the composition of the piston rings were to be altered, it might just be suitable for prolonged use. Still testing though.

The engine running cooler part is true as my unfortunate co-worker discovered..... until kaboom...

syahruln;440533 said:
seems like the best way now is to change sawit oil everyday la :D

Chef Wan recommend Seri Murni brand.:rofl::24::34::elefant:

Hmmm.... I'm just wondering when one of them will start using Mobil 1 to deep fry goreng pisang.... Same logic isn't it?

sounds interesting....minyak sawit...if really can work i think all the sawit owners will be rich ...BMW hq start to import sawit form M'sia for enigne oil....Cant imagine the the wording on the petrol cap - BMW RECOMMENDS Castrol ---become....BMW recommends MINYAK SAWIT CAP KAPAK

hi all,

seech, if u dont mind,can u ask ur coworker,after how long he/she rebuilt the wira engine?
1 week @ 1month @ 1 year?

tq

the cooking oil will breakdown under high operating temp and pressure... It may work wonders but not for long...

ray123;446853 said:
sounds interesting....minyak sawit...if really can work i think all the sawit owners will be rich ...BMW hq start to import sawit form M'sia for enigne oil....Cant imagine the the wording on the petrol cap - BMW RECOMMENDS Castrol ---become....BMW recommends MINYAK SAWIT CAP KAPAK

I'll quit my job & start planting palm tree.:listen:

seech;440707 said:
Hmmm.... I'm just wondering when one of them will start using Mobil 1 to deep fry goreng pisang.... Same logic isn't it?

Then the fried banana will cost RM5 per pc:eek:

patinidop;446939 said:
hi all,

seech, if u dont mind,can u ask ur coworker,after how long he/she rebuilt the wira engine?
1 week @ 1month @ 1 year?

tq

Engine worked very well (according to him) for the first week. Water temp was lower, etc. and no sign of any problems. Second week, engine overhaul..... good luck.

seech,

can u ask ur coworker,wat brand of cooking oil that he/she use for the wira engine/
vesawit @ seri murni @ knife @ etc.
tq

patinidop, its Seri Murni but I don't think the brand would matter all that much.... good luck!!!

actually,

my friend said that,ONLY sawit based can be use for engine oil.
other than that,cannot.

thanks seech.

Top Bottom