Michelin PS2 vs Yokohama Advan v103 vs Potenza050

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sanjeevsuresh

Club Guest
Hi to everyone.I'm excited about my 'new' car. Just traded my E39 for the E60.I just got a 2004 530 model grey import from the UK. It is on runflats and I want to get rid of them for either:Bridgestone Potenza 050Michelin Pilot Sport 2Yokohama Advan Sports v103WHICH TO CHOOSE? Reliable wet grip and quietness and not hard riding comfort is what my family prefer.WHAT'S YOUR RATING?:willy: pros:cons:HELP ME PLEASE! I got a 6 month old baby as well and a 5 year old. :playingball: Best regards,Sanjeev Suresh, ACCA(Malaysia)KL

Hi

Hi Sanjeev

I tried this and recommend Falken 452. It is one of the cheapest genuine balanced performance and comfortable tyre. Some other Falken models are not so good and noisy but the 452 is really a special breed.

The older Pilot Sport 2 is quite hard and audibly thumpy on highway manholes, yellow lines and steel road joints. This is otherwise a great tire especially on smooth roads.

The Advan V103 is quite new. I only tried it once in Singapore. It was on a Lexus. It was quiet and feel great. But I am truly unfamiliar with the 2007 Lexus car itself.

The Potenza 050r is a great tyre. Perhaps this could be your ticket if you want something slightly grippier better than the 452. But it is not comfortable as the 452. Most comfortable tyres are not so good on wet roads. I think the 452 have struck a very good balance here. :tee: Goodluck matey

Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

M PS2 - Good in dry, lightweight, slightly less grip in wet but still better than rest, but wears quickly and expensive.
B RE050 - brilliant dry performance but less wet grip, wears quickly.
Advan - Not too familiar, but Advans can become noisy and harsh.
FK452 - Good economy tyre but compared to those top ones will be worst of the lot. Unpredictable breakaway on the limit when pushed.

---

can u post the price for 225/17/50

1) falken 452
2) Potenza 050r
3)B RE050
4)M PS2

I have a comprehensive tyre test report lying around, I'll put it up here as soon as I have a spare moment. :top:

i have used the falken 451 before... good about till 30% then it starts to be noisy and requires to be 'rounded' off again after a trip to sg.as for the 452, i heard quite good reviews about it..cos UDM's are heavy car.. make sure the load index is right to your spec..

as for the PS2, can't say any bad thing about it, as it as close to a F1 tyre.. only thing hard ride due to the thick side wall...
the PP2 is a all rounder tyre.. used it till today, right till the marker.. no problems
during any kind of weather..

just put on new donuts.. Bridgestone RE001 - seams to me the latest tyre in the market with the all goodies..

As i said before, if you want safety, use a good tyre only from Japan or Germany..
Tak Nak to indonesia and Philipines...

krishnamaniam;258489 said:
Absidian:
How about a personal review of the Goodyear u mentioned?

This about sums up the Goodyear F1 Asymmetric, Mich PS2, Bs RE050 and Contis better than I could ever describe in a short post.

CLICK HERE

---

antonio_chew;265712 said:
F1 Asymmetric

Is it available in Malaysia?

RM $$$$ ????

Yeah, I was just wondering the same thing since this is being rated as the bestest of the best now.

sanjeevsuresh;257728 said:
Hi to everyone.
I'm excited about my 'new' car. Just traded my E39 for the E60.
I just got a 2004 530 model grey import from the UK.

It is on runflats and I want to get rid of them for either:

Bridgestone Potenza 050
Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Yokohama Advan Sports v103

WHICH TO CHOOSE?
Reliable wet grip and quietness and not hard riding comfort is what my family prefer.

WHAT'S YOUR RATING?:willy:
pros:
cons:

HELP ME PLEASE! I got a 6 month old baby as well and a 5 year old. :playingball:

Best regards,
Sanjeev Suresh,
ACCA(Malaysia)
KL

:party: :questionmark:

Hi Suresh

Since you are going to transport your baby, the Japanese Advan V103 is the best choice of the ones you mentioned. It is the softest and comfortable of the lot.
:stupido: Bear in mind all ultra low profile tires are rather bumpy by default.

Never heard of the latest Asymmetrical F 1 tires to be in Malaysia yet.

Where is it?

absidian Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

M PS2 - Good in dry, lightweight, slightly less grip in wet but still better than rest, but wears quickly and expensive.
FK452 - Good economy tyre but compared to those top ones will be worst of the lot. Unpredictable breakaway on the limit when pushed.

absidian ...tuan

Where is it in MALAYSIA? :top:

A friend just bought a set of Continental SportContact 2 for his E280. After 1000km of scrubbing in, he still is very unhappy. The very low profile tire is too hard and evidently bumpy even at low psi.

did u know?

azbro and veyron and mubull and vr2turbo and hglee, karthik and many others in autoworld.com.my forum (tyre thread) is written by one guy in reality?!!!!!!!:creep: :congrats: :bootyshake: :78: :4: :dancing2: :dancing2: :withstupid: :listen:

unbelievable isn't it

FYI

Autoworld

ha ha tis is not new la! in a forum especialy.

So many user names hangtuah, kilam, mubull, v2turbo, hangche, azbro, veyron , whopee, v2turbro, etc etc all by 2 man. Their writing style has become similar. but all very entertaining la. imagine the 2 talking to so many 'others' with problems when actually promoting his brands! :stupid:

be cautious when someone recomend specific brands. all the time. :listen: run run fellow forumers!

all i really know is samsam, johnj and absidian has cited top rated tires in our bmwmalaysia forum so this means very hard to go wrong with them.

Toyo Wang

wang;274114 said:
anyone got toyo tire experience??

I used Toyo before. T1R.
Actually it is quite a good and cheap priced tire. Lasted more than 15 months. It is a good choice for the family car. Not good for super cornering. And don't even think of out gunning the standard F1 Goodyear with this quite similar groove T1R has. :bandit:

Toyo makes tires affordable just like Falken.

absidian;258129 said:
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric.

---

Hi, do you know where to get the tires? are they available in malaysia yet?

Hi all

Hi to everyone

I forgot to wrte feed back but incase some are wondering I got myself the Yokohama AD07 Advan Neova. I wish to thank many of you for your valuable suggestions.

RUNNING IN:
The first day was shocking on my 530. No feel. Blur. The rubber feel very soft tho.

After 1 week, the feeling became clearer.
Only about 3 weeks later, grip improved a lot.
Now I can corner to my hearts content.

The comfort is quite acceptable.
NVH is average.
Rainy days is not so good.

STILL RUNNING IN:
Tried different air pressure.
High speed feel ok but not so below 100kph.
Grip is very ok when it is not raining heavily.

CONCLUSION:
It is nearing 5 months and I feel unsatisfied. I think the AD07 was not meant for outstation trips at all. Malaysian roads is just too harsh.

PLEASE HELP for my new search of better suitable rubbers than the Yokohama. Anyone?

conan;276367 said:
Hi, do you know where to get the tires? are they available in malaysia yet?

Sorry, no idea abt M'sia... I'm based in Europe! I don't know when the F1 assymmetrics will be available, but they should be at some point soon... F1 GSD3 is already out of production at the moment iirc.

Best bet would be to contact the official official dealers or drop the manufacturer an e-mail to ask.

Top Bottom