MG Quik Detailer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
E

elwine30

Just love the MG QD. It saves my day of removing stubborn stains and restore shine in minutes.I am now keeping one in my car just in case of bird shit, water marks and dirt stuck into the clear coat.I would recommed those you want show car shine to keep one in the car cos it does come in handy.

I've used QD before and i dont think it does much (except make nice smells). I would rather give the car a good wash (obviously with a Meguiars wash solution).

heheh...there's a bottle in my car now too.....ekekek...you'll never know when you need it. If only the effect is more longer lasting....perfect for emergency....

theres no doubt dat most bmwclub of msia members hev been givin gd remarks on MG products ...btw DD, hows the lipstick job goin on eh? any better than yer prev chipstick anot?rgds, B)kahar abdullah

Originally posted by kahar@Dec 15 2004, 10:39 AM theres no doubt dat most bmwclub of msia members hev been givin gd remarks on MG products ...btw DD, hows the lipstick job goin on eh? any better than yer prev chipstick anot?rgds, B)kahar abdullah
Belum cuba lagi. Will update you once I get the first visible stonechip....ekek....

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Dec 14 2004, 10:29 PM i like it too..but its too hard to buff it off once it hazes...
Shouldn't it be spray on and wipe off ? Don't think you are supposed to let it haze in the first place.

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 14 2004, 10:41 PM Belum cuba lagi. Will update you once I get the first visible stonechip....ekek....
welllllll... we'll c on the 26th, touch wood, touch wood. :)rgds, B)kahar abdullah

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Dec 15 2004, 06:29 AM i like it too..but its too hard to buff it off once it hazes...
Keray is right. It's called a QUICK detailer for a reason ;) Spray on, wipe off. Multiple applications on the same spot for more stubborn marks. Leaving it on longer will not remove the stains but will introduce haze, which should not happen in the first place. Oh, doing it on a cool surface helps a tonne (if you have a choice that is)...

wait..i've got 2 bottles that look similar, one i bought by itself, the other it came when i bought the claybar...

Originally posted by Fuhrer@Dec 16 2004, 05:04 AM wait..i've got 2 bottles that look similar, one i bought by itself, the other it came when i bought the claybar...
Yes, you can buy it by itself and it also comes with the claybar. I find it wasteful to use it with the claybar. For claying I use the cheap solution, water with a little car shampoo :D

Fuhrer: I think there is another product in the MG range in a similar bottle called quik wax. Was that what you meant ? Think the instructions for that product is also spray on wipe off.

Originally posted by keray@Dec 16 2004, 01:09 AM Fuhrer: I think there is another product in the MG range in a similar bottle called quik wax. Was that what you meant ? Think the instructions for that product is also spray on wipe off.
yep u're right..those 2 bottles look the same somemore..hahah.. :p

Originally posted by ichiwan2@Dec 16 2004, 10:46 PM Is the claybar good?
The Meguairs claybar that is sold together with the QD is a 'natural' claybar, as opposed to those rubbery synthetic type you see being used at some detailing outlets. Main difference being, with the latter, you can apply more pressure and basically use it with without much fear of leaving residue on your car. The Meguairs clay bar when not careful will leave clay marks on your car, and if you leave it on, it kinda gets 'baked' onto your paint. When that happens, you're going to find it quite troublesome to get it out again... :)

Which is easier to use? QD or NXT booster wax thingy...Or are they for different purposes.....I'm looking for a product to use in between my NXT waxings...................sumtimes lazy marrrr....

Both serve a purpose. The NXT Booster wax is to boost NXT Tech Wax in between washing and waxing. This gives longetivity to NXT Tech Wax. The NXT Booster Wax also have cleaning properties which can remove light dirt in the car. However, I can't remmeber how to use Booster wax. Need to check with the botel.Quik Detailer is a fast and ez way to make your car show shine. It cleans the surface of your car by just spray on and wipe off. QD also have some cleaning properties.Normally, I use QD after 2-3 days if my car didn't go through any rain. Cos, it safely removes the dirt and containmination from my car. Some even use it very day.

Originally posted by elwine30@Dec 16 2004, 03:07 PM Quik Detailer is a fast and ez way to make your car show shine. It cleans the surface of your car by just spray on and wipe off. QD also have some cleaning properties.Normally, I use QD after 2-3 days if my car didn't go through any rain. Cos, it safely removes the dirt and containmination from my car. Some even use it very day.
Hmmmm....do u mean to say I can use QD by itself/directly i.e. dun need to wash car first...just apply straight onto unwashed area and wipe off?

Top Bottom