meguairs deep cyrstal polish and wax application with rotary?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rsctan

Club Guest
i tried out the meg dc polish and applied it with rotary on the low speeds, however the polish seems to dry up quite fast and sometimes splatter on the side like "fudgy/muddy" polish and i need to wip it off everytime. why does this happen? is the consumer line suitable to be used with rotary polishers? do i need to change my product line?and can i apply the carnuba wax with the rotary machine also?

rsctan;561325 said:
i tried out the meg dc polish and applied it with rotary on the low speeds, however the polish seems to dry up quite fast and sometimes splatter on the side like "fudgy/muddy" polish and i need to wip it off everytime. why does this happen? is the consumer line suitable to be used with rotary polishers? do i need to change my product line?

and can i apply the carnuba wax with the rotary machine also?

Bro. DC Polish not meant for rotary leh. Consumer line normally by hand or DA/ROB only. Normally wax is also not supposed to be applied by rotary. Usually by hand or ROB.

then i reckon we have to use the mirror glaze line? any product catalog to view online?

check out www.meguiars.com you'll be able to view the whole range. DC range like seech said, hand apps only. for rotary work can go for M80, M83, M 105 etc. if i'm not mistaken, there's the new swirl remover [ not in the mirror glaze line ] that works either by hand or DA [ dual action polish, maybe the Bosch gex range can be used but i forgot the part number, it's the one that rotates and oscillates methinks, with adjustable speed ].

but i tell u, hand apps one ah, u really have to work it! in the long run, it's better to start off with a DA as it's cheaper compared to a makita 9227C lolz.

rsctan;561329 said:
then i reckon we have to use the mirror glaze line? any product catalog to view online?

If you want to stick with Meg's for rotary then yes. Mirror Glaze line. Plenty of different products available. The M8* series has been around for sometime and still works wonders but the latest stuff from Meg's is the M105 and M205.

There are plenty of other stuff available on the market as well. The new Optimum Hyper Polish and Hyper Compound work pretty well also. KC has posted some of the results he's been getting with these new products.

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37225

New_Conti_Drebar;561337 said:
check out www.meguiars.com you'll be able to view the whole range. DC range like seech said, hand apps only. for rotary work can go for M80, M83, M 105 etc. if i'm not mistaken, there's the new swirl remover [ not in the mirror glaze line ] that works either by hand or DA [ dual action polish, maybe the Bosch gex range can be used but i forgot the part number, it's the one that rotates and oscillates methinks, with adjustable speed ].

but i tell u, hand apps one ah, u really have to work it! in the long run, it's better to start off with a DA as it's cheaper compared to a makita 9227C lolz.

the M8* range is going to be obsolete soon...mirror glaze is kinda out now..as they are Abrasive diminish ...even before they can break it down it dries up & cause alot of marring ...more over it is worst if u r in Malaysia..(except M 80 but there is any hardly cutting power & cakes up easily) ....in replace with that Megs came out M105/205.......last yr....since then we have use gallons of it...but the problem is this....the SMAT (small micro abrasive technology) has longer working time, but not out door like under under canopy or car porch ...the atmosphere will dries it up too & still plenty of dust (residues) flying here and there
I did a porsche last sat..started with M105 ..cuts well bit ended up alot of hologram...i change it to spray compound & works prefectly under the heat & 3x longer working time & finish better..

DA [ dual action polish, maybe the Bosch gex range ....is Not a DA it is a ROB with speed control...good for sanding & applying wax

A real DA like meguiars G220 only cost 120 us but in Malaysia selling rm 1600++ & FLEX is selling rm3000

cutting & polishing nope...it does not have any cutting power....

Carpet cleaning ......eg it is like buying a consumer OTC vacuum, it does good suction but...in terms of strength , water & carpet cleaning it out

EG.....$....ROI (cost effective)

a rob cost some where 285-325, a good reliable makita only 820....yes 500 different....
initially ...everybody get settle in .....cheap & good...correction zero

2ndly for me to compound, polish, glaze & finishing......ROB will takes 2-3X longer time to complete...the real issue is the vibration...will numb yr hand before you even finishes the 1st step...

plan ahead....to me Makita 9227...is one of the greatest invention of all time, speaking of the durability unquestionable...itis so good till some of my friends uses it for 25 years....

now as long as u r driving yu will need a rotary to keep yr car glazing

HI Tan
is there an opportunity for me to meet up with you prior you consider ...or is there anything i could help

I believe nothing wrong with the machine but the product is not meant (thats what we are trying to explaine to you)

why not we meet up this sun...try some of my pro products ....u r at the learning curve....soon will reach yr destination:top:

yea i know haha.. but i just rather stick to my da, rotary quite hard to use especially on curves.. haigh.. me no pro..XD

rsctan;565811 said:
yea i know haha.. but i just rather stick to my da, rotary quite hard to use especially on curves.. haigh.. me no pro..XD

bro
just give me a bit of time...

i had a young apprentice who fly from Kuching to KL, got a rotary, pads & products & flew back to do
bettle, merz e class, slyvia, neo & i nearly faint....

give yrself an opportunity...i started just like you....without knowing who to turn to & those detailing shops sifu....give me the opposite direction & advice..

that is the reason we started posting all our work here...each of it take lots of time & we documented it carefully...so that it may be used as a guide, reference ....leading u by the hand to do it

we have empowered dozen of passionate owner like u......:top:

believe in yrself.....trust

kc's;565820 said:
bro

i had a young apprentice who fly from Kuching to KL, got a rotary, pads & products & flew back to do

give yrself an opportunity...i started just like you....without knowing who to turn to & those detailing shops sifu....give me the opposite direction & advice..

that is the reason we started posting all our work here...each of it take lots of time & we documented it carefully...so that it may be used as a guide, reference ....leading u by the hand to do it

Agreed with KC. It takes time to get to a level where we'd be satisfied with our work. But of course, we're forever learning, always improving ourselves, so why feel content to remain stagnant? :top:

kc's;565820 said:
bro

I think I'll be that second apprentice as I'll be flying to KL next month. Planning to pick up a Makita. BTW, can PM me the Kuching guy's contact? Want to ask him to be my local guru.

Salut

SOLO
I think I'll be that second apprentice as I'll be flying to KL next month. Planning to pick up a Makita. BTW, can PM me the Kuching guy's contact? Want to ask him to be my local guru.

Salut

hold thy horses.....i will ask REX to contact u & u guys can have fun detailien
hahahaha
i believe he will def want to rotary with you

Eggie86;565863 said:
Bro, I believe here's a thread his apprentice started. :top:

http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36689

wow...bro u great la....nothing escape from u

Top Bottom