Maser Quattroporte kills M5 & B5

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
yeah, my batt is at the rear too...

actually, the other main reason why they design it as such because the batt will last longer when its cooler....

the batt in my car is original.... never change before and its like more than 5years already

Originally posted by wirelessjunkie@Dec 4 2005, 10:11 AM
... ... In the absence of $$ to modify the suspension, the cheapest way would then be to load up the correct corners with sand bags :) It's almost a free resource.
SANDBAGS?!

You gotta be kidding, right?

1. How do you secure the sandbags to the car?!

Aiyoh!

Didn't you know, its the Malaysian way of doing what F1 teams do with weight ballasts on their cars? If sand is not available, bags of rice are sometimes used as well.. :D

The Necc, what do you think the BMW strut tower bars are for? Securing the sandbags/rice, of course! With the proper tools (spanner & scissors) and equipment (cable ties, more cable ties), the weight ballast can be securely fastened at the relevat ends of the strut tower. You don't even need a weighing machine coz the rice/sugar/flour are properly labelled with weight information.

lots of govt housing projects also mean that bricks are in ready supply if above listed groceries are not to your liking. ;)

redd

Ever wonder about them super quick drivers around Sepang? Next time you can get them to pop the trunk to see what ka-chang they have strapped down there...

Originally posted by The Necessary@Dec 5 2005, 12:23 PM
I hope the more gulliable readers of the forum don't actually try it out!
Urh? I have two 5L water containers strapped to left handside of my boot.... they are for balancing the left-right weight bias of the car and the water comes in handy when I need to top up my radiator or general washing after tinkering with the car.... :rofl:

Anyone want their E46 corner weighted? We will all chip in for the cost. How about it just for tuning knowledge? I am really curious to find out the distribution compared to say Redd's 156 etc.

WJ, count me in on this corner weighing outing! im also interested to see how my car's weight is distributed. do u know if they corner weigh with or without the driver?

redd

Redd,

proper suspension setup usually takes into account the drivers' weight too. Especially, when for us, it's a significant amount of weight!!!

Originally posted by The Necessary@Dec 6 2005, 09:59 AM
Should be... that means no pub girls in the passenger seats!
basket!! funny la you!!!

nowadays its facial girls for me.....

anyways, if there is anyone wiling to weigh their ride, i also want to go see & kay po a bit...

Top Bottom