Market value as at April 2007

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
BLaCkHoWLiNG;216246 said:
err.. based on d charts, i overpaid for my e34 :( but ok la.. condition damn cun.. hehehe

I also overpaid for my UDM, and I know that way b4 paying the purchase price to the seller... but then when u really want something so bad, dont care la about market value coz u know the satisfaction that it can give u is priceless. although pay extra can still smile...

Actually, maybe should not confuse your purchase price with the "market value" of the car... This table is used by insurers based on "average" used car purchase price that their research agency monitored... Well, their definition of "average" sometimes leave much to be desired. This "market value" thingy is what the insurer will pay you if your car is considered a total loss case, and only if you insured more than 10% higher than the "market value" (where you have been deemed to have over-insured your car).

The table is used as a guideline for setting the insured value of the car when purchasing insurance.

Hmmm...so I guess a manufactured in 94 and registered in 95 will be considered as a 94 by insurance companies huh?

I think it is supposed to depend on whether the car is CKD or CBU, but I don't see that happening. My other car was manufactured in Dec 1997, and registered Jan 1998, delayed because of strict loan approval right in the midst of the Asian economic crisis, till today it has always been considered a 1997 car when it comes to insurance.

Top Bottom